SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of a Category Manager is never the same but, in this role, you will be responsible for the development and implementation of category business plans within assigned categories. Manage assigned assets to achieve category roles and results through category strategies that are executed via product assortment, pricing, promotion, shelf/fixture presentation, buying and inventory management decisions that are needed to achieve net profit goals and total customer satisfaction.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Responsible for sales and profits for assigned categories.
- Develop comprehensive category business plans consistent with the Companyâ€™s overall goals and strategies for assigned categories; plans to include tactics in the areas of assortment, pricing, promotion, shelf placement and coordination with cross-functional teams.
- Continually monitor and assess performance versus budgeted objectives for category sales and fair share trends using A.C. Nielsen reports, scorecards and profit and loss statements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendor partners to facilitate effective category management to increase sales and profits, lower product costs, maximize trade funds and optimize partnership.
- Develop private label categories in keeping with overall company goals of achieving â€œbest in classâ€ ratings through packaging, innovation and strategic positioning.
- Integrate and hold accountable profitability by category, inclusive of market gains, indirect margin, and achieving private label market share.
- May be responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) Business Administration, Marketing or Supply chain or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Five years marketing, category management, product management and/or product development experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong financial acumen, analytical, influencing and negotiations skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of category products and services, and industry trends
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.