SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of a Computer Operartor never the same but, in this role, you are responsible to monitor computer system production jobs and run schedules, review and resolve issues in a timely manner, and conduct back-up processes based on established schedule.
What you'll do:
- Monitor computer system jobs across various IT platform servers/operating systems to include both on-site and remote data centers; monitor data center environments, network availability, reports, data processing, etc. for errors and issues.
- Operate computer and related peripheral equipment to process and initiate run schedules and production job processing in a timely and accurate manner and process inbound company orders and outgoing shipping notifications.
- Responsible to trouble shoot and resolve issues; escalate issues or network outages to appropriate IT areas or supervisor as necessary, and ensure accurate and timely documentation of the issues and the resolution.
- Conduct regular back-up process; purge, load, label and rotate backup tapes from various servers.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Sound Like You? Here's what you'll need:
- High School Diploma (Required) or equivalent (GED).
- Two years Computer Operations or related computer experience.
Knowledge, Skills Abilities
Good written and verbal communication skills. Must have good organization, prioritization, attention to detail and problem solving skills. Must be Proficient in MS Office (i.e., Word, Excel, etc.). Ability to work a varying schedule (i.e., different shifts and/or days) based on department projects/needs. Experience with wide area network (WAN) a plus. Experience with a wide variety of software and/or hardware products such as Mainframe Operation Systems, Enterprise Server Operations; printers; scanners, tape drives, etc..
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.