SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of the Programmer Analyst III is never the same but, in this role, you will be responsible for driving business results by leveraging both broad-based technical and business process knowledge combined with a high-level knowledge of functional expertise. Responsible for proactively identifying key business issues in collaboration with business and IT partners. Responsible for managing the development of customer-centric intelligence capabilities and collaborate closely with management at all levels and in all functional areas.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Drive the organizationâ€™s business intelligence and data consumption strategies to create impactful, sustainable growth; supports strategy implementation.
- Champion analytical insights with cross-functional business teams in order to build strong relationships that will help the businesses with integration of insights.
- Provide leadership to establish and implement the companyâ€™s customer centric strategies and initiatives.
- Serve as consultant driving value-added insights for independent customers.
- Documents both historical and new business processes for IT and business teams.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of a centralized Wiki repository for the IT organization.
- Assist with the management and development of customer data analytics objectives related to automated reporting, interactive dashboards, data visualization and advanced analytics.
- Partner with other IT teams to address data quality, master data management, data governance and metadata.
- Translate business requirements into written, functional, and technical specifications and manage any changes. Review and sign off with business.
- Ensure changes introduced into our reporting applications are consistent with the strategic direction and long-term viability of the platforms. Drive simplification of solutions and minimize customization
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. The ability to develop positive working relationships with both internal and external departments and vendors.
- Process-oriented with sound judgment, attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through including the flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment.
- Extensive experience with analytical, quantitative and statistical approaches to derive insights from large, data sets, solving complex data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Working knowledge of data warehouses, data modeling and ETL concepts.
- Hands on experience with reporting, data discovery and visualization tools such as MicroStrategy, MS Power BI, Cognos, Tableau, etc.
- Strong ability to effectively present information to executive leadership and others.
- Ability to lead and manage the work of others, particularly applications maintenance and support vendors and third parties.
- Ability to resolve issues with detail-oriented approach and to resolve conflicting situations. Experience in analyzing and communicating technical designs, project issues and status effectively.
- Five years progressive experience as an IT professional with relevant experience in the space of business analysis, process automation, and software implementation.
- MBA strongly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.