SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of a Sr. Supply Chain Analyst â€“ Network Capacity is never the same but, in this role, you can make a positive impact as you lead the effort to create and maintain capacity models for each site within the network. You will have a unique opportunity to track throughput in existing sites and help define capacity constraints for future growth and expansion.
What youâ€™ll Do:
- Collaborate with corporate and cross functional operational teams to establish and align on long-range plans and requirements for supply chain strategy
- Provide innovation and analysis on supply chain and delivery strategies
- Model and present supply strategies and plans with options, tradeoffs, and recommendations to senior leadership.
- Assess and determine network allocation and product volumes with a focus on capacity utilization, supply continuity and costs
- Integrate medium to long term demand and supply plans with S&OP planning processes
- Communicates strategic decisions to support Planned (Life Cycle projects) and Unplanned (production deviations) events
- Identifies and implements supply planning tools that can be utilized in supply planning processes
- Works closely with cross-functional departments including Operations, Procurement, and Engineering to support demand planning
- Trains and guides internal departments on use of integrated planning tools and business processes and helps support documentation of current business processes
- Uses continuous improvement methodologies, including Lean principles & tools and the DMAIC process to establish supply chain strategies for a continuous supply of materials and to maximize service with appropriate inventory levels.
- Experience with optimization techniques for distribution, such as distribution network analysis, warehouse location costs vs. transportation costs, service level vs. carrying costs, etc.
- Develop models, tools and reports to enable the efficient assessment of our long-range capacity and supply plans.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree â€“ Required, Industrial Engineering focus preferred
- Previous experience working in an Industrial Engineer role supporting distribution centers or supply chain networks
- 5+ years of Supply Chain experience, including Distribution, Network Planning, Engineering, and Optimization.
- Ability to work with tremendous ambiguity, critically synthesize diverse information, excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Experience with Llamasoft optimization software preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. May be required to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.