Director of Nursing
Grand Rapids, MI
Providence Life Services offers a full range of services for families who need retirement living, assisted living, rehab, skilled nursing, and more. Emerald Meadows located in Grand Rapids, Michigan is licensed as a Home for the Ages Community (Assisted Living) with 43 licensed Assisted Living and 17 Memory Care beds. Emerald Meadows is seeking a Full Time Director of Nursing to join their clinical team in delivering quality care to its residents in efforts to improve overall quality of life.
- Oversees, coordinates, and directs the care department of our assisted living community
- Ensures care is delivered in line with standard professional practices, resident care plans, Michigan Home For the Aged regulations, and Providence Life Services policies
- Performs admission and clinical assessments
- Develops resident care plans and ensures the delivery of listed care needs making sure that all residents are treated with kindness, dignity, and respect
- Provides leadership, guidance, and education to the members of our Care Team (Med Techs, Caregivers, etc.)
- Interacts and communicates with residents, resident family members, primary care providers
- Creates accurate and complete documentation and observations and care
Summary of essential job functions:
Assist the Assisted Living team on the development and review of policies and procedures that govern the day-to-day functions of the assisted living.
Maintain resources (i.e., regulations etc.) that will assist the assisted living in meeting the day-to-day needs of the resident.
Attend regularly scheduled team meetings at the corporate office or as designated.
Assist the Quality Assessment & Assurance Committee in developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to areas for improvement.
Perform administrative duties such as completing medical forms, reports, evaluations, studies, charting, etc., as necessary.
Must pass a physical, drug screen, 50-pound lift test, fingerprinting, and a background check for the State of Michigan.