****ALL MED TECHS MUST PASS MED TECH TRAINING TEST AND TRAIN AS A RESIDENT AIDE BEFORE WORKING THE MED CART*****
What you need to know:
- You do not need a license to work at our assisted living—we can hire and train any caring individual that will pass our state required background check
- Since we care for a vulnerable population, infection control is very important to us. We have safe procedures in place that go above and beyond most businesses. The health and safety of our residents and staff is a top priority
- We have flexible schedules and are willing to work with you
- Volunteer help or paid positions will be available
Heritage Property Management, our current loyal employees, and especially our senior residents can not thank you enough for your help and compassion.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”
? Fred Rogers
Purpose of this position:
Timely, accurate and safe administration of resident medications according to health professional’s orders. Assure that all aspects of the resident’s personal care and service plan is implemented while assuring that the resident is treated with dignity and respect, assisting each resident to be as independent and self-sufficient as possible.
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA); Competency Evaluated Nursing Assistant (CENA); Medical Assistant (MA); L.P.N. other credential or experience which prepares the individual to perform the duties required. Typically a minimum of 18 years of age and high school diploma (or equivalent). Must be able to physically and mentally perform essential functions of this position. Ability to communicate effectively in English. Competency trained in proper administration of medications.
- Timely and accurate administration of medications to residents as ordered by the licensed health care professional
- Accurate and timely documentation of medication administration in the EMAR system.
- Follows proper protocol for reporting any medication related concerns
- Accurately counts and documents medication inventory, including narcotics and controlled substances. Reorders medications timely to assure residents do not miss doses.
- Maintains a clean and organized medication cart and med room. Complies with EMAR requirements including charging of the Chromebook.
- Routine and non-routine communication with licensed health care professionals ,pharmacy, hospice personnel, home health care personnel and resident family members
- Proper documentation of all communication relating to resident care including changes in medication
- Respond to resident requests for assistance, including “call lights”.
- Observe residents for any change in condition (physical, emotional, cognitive or behavioral)
- Communicate any change in condition to the supervisor
- Assist residents to maintain their highest level of independence
- Comply with infection control protocols
- Treat all residents with dignity and respect
- Provide excellent care and service to the residents of this living center in accordance with their individual written plans of care and service
Job Types: Full-time
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- When are you available for an interview or phone screen? Please list 2-3 dates and times or ranges of times.
Appledorn Assisted Living South is licensed by the Michigan Department of Human Services, Office of Child and Adult Licensing as a Home for the Aged. Our staff is carefully selected and trained to unobtrusively monitor each resident and their health - both physical and mental - watching for signs of pain, confusion, inattentiveness to personal hygiene, missed meals or changes in normal routine.
Our goal is to offer assistance when help is needed and encouragement to each of our residents to be as self-sufficient and independent as possible.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.50 /hour