PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Responsible for assisting engineering and production in the troubleshooting essential tools/processes to ensure assembly quality and production efficiency for new and existing programs. The Production Engineer Technician’s role will be to gain understanding of customer requests, assist with documentation development, communicate process reviews, and other function key to day to day operations. The Production Engineer Technician will work collaboratively with engineering and production to ensure accuracy of documentation, tooling and fixtures required for production processing.
- Provide feedback for assembly processing that may affect manufacturability/quality during production
- Understand Operating Instructions (OI’s), visual aids, and customer prints to aide production personnel with standard work processes
- Evaluate Operating Instructions (OI’s) to define Standard Work within production
- Maintain and repair Assembly Fixtures or other tools essential for maintained quality/efficiency
- Collaborate with engineering/quality to maintain proper documentation/fixture control procedures
- Maintain and monitor all physical safety systems. Operate all maintenance tooling and equipment in a safe manner
- Maintain all production equipment:
- Daily repair as required
- Trouble shoot machinery
- Maintain preventative checks on specified equipment and record all findings
- Assist production employees with machine set up and adjustments
- Build required jigs or fixtures needed for production
- Report all problems or needs to accomplish these tasks to Management
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Fundamental knowledge of Wire Assembly Process.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified considered an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to write detailed, legible information for work performed.
- Basic computer skills required (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Mechanical apptitude
- Hilo certification considered an asset
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Fast paced environment and work with a sense of urgency.
- Must be able to endure 8 plus hours on your feet.
- Must display positive attitude and work demeanor
- Self-motivated and Independent Thinker
- Displays good attendance practices
- Lift 50 pounds at times.