Summary: Largely responsible for troubleshooting and repair of equipment, assisting with tasks which go beyond the scope of knowledge of the lower classifications, suggesting methods of process improvement, participation of machine installations, and suggesting and implementing machinery upgrades. A basic expectation of employee performance is the consistent adherence to company rules and regulations concerning safety, attendance, dress, plant maintenance guidelines, teamwork, Employee Handbook policies, SOP's, Quality standards and respect for others. These are critical to every job and employee in the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Troubleshooting and repair
Ability to troubleshoot/ service intermediate to complex electrical and machine controls circuits defined as:
- Conveyor drive system,
- Motor starter circuits including Variable Frequency Drives,
- I/O—Switch functions,
- Equipment wiring/grounding techniques,
- A/C & D/C Electronic concepts
2. Proficient in Hydraulics, Pneumatics/Vacuum
3. Completion of service documentation
4. Performing major repairs/rebuilds
5. Participating and assisting in machine installations; Suggesting and implementing machinery upgrades/improvements
6. Identifying opportunities for and helping to implement process improvements
7. Assisting with retrofit, rebuild, upgrade, automation, and machine building projects
8. Assisting in the training of teammates scheduling and monitoring of Preventative Maintenance programs
9. Read/interpret relay and PLC ladder logic
10. Expected to assist in implementation of PM and Pd.M.
1. Identifying opportunities for and implementing automation and machine building projects
2. Managing retrofit, rebuild and upgrade projects
3. Set-up and adjustment changeover
4. Development of Preventative Maintenance programs
5. Knowledge of PLC programming and debugging
6. Assisting with the maintenance of machine documentation
Specific Classification Criteria
- Maintenance Technicians need to work effectively well with peers in a team environment with very little supervision and are expected to make suggestions for process improvement and assist in making the processes/equipment more efficient.
- Responsible for providing costs, timing, and resources needed for equipment/process improvements suggestions and implementations. Must be able to complete projects within agreed upon timing and budget.
- Ability to complete service documentation and other paperwork relative to duties performed. This will include work orders/service reports, purchase requisitions, and any other forms/documentation requested by the department manager and/or team leader.
- Responsible for troubleshooting and repair of machine problems. This includes utilizing all resources available in order to problem solve. I.E. documentation, telephone support, or the help of a co-worker or manager.
- Must possess and demonstrate aptitude in the following skill areas as indicated in the secondary skills of PLC programming and debugging or possess advanced skills in either the mechanical, electrical, or machine controls skill area.
- Responsible for utilizing material and human resources to achieve timely, cost effective, quality results in the completion of projects. This includes selecting the correct and best parts and tools, and recognizing and utilizing the strengths of co-workers.
- Responsible for performing major repairs/rebuilds. In general, those considered major repairs would require extensive disassembly and re-assembly of one or more mechanical systems, or those requiring a high level of knowledge or skill.
- Responsible for learning automation techniques and becoming familiar with current machinery and control technologies. These technicians will be expected to effectively assist in the design, build, programming, and testing of machinery and/or control systems.
- Responsible for the scheduling and monitoring of Preventative Maintenance programs. Will assist with the development of PM programs.
- Must be capable of working as an effective member of a team, sharing knowledge, workload, and responsibility.
- Participating and assisting in the training of teammates.
- Responsible for acquiring and possessing a set of hand tools adequate to perform the daily tasks required. Some specialty tools, test equipment, reference materials will be provided by Dicastal. Must be willing and able to assist with tasks outside of this specific job classification when necessary, either solely or as part of a team.