The Kraft Heinz Company is currently seeking Production Line Leads to work at our sauces, and pickles processing facility in Holland, MI. Successful candidates must be willing to contribute improvements suggestions and ideas to help continue the success of our facility. Ideal candidates must be safety and quality orientated along with demonstrate adaptability and willingness to work in a team orientated, fast paced work environment. This position requires individuals to perform general production duties in a food manufacturing environment following strict quality and safety standards.
- Must have steel toe shoes/boots
- 2 years of leadership experience
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Candidates must be available to work all shifts including second, third & weekends and holidays
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred
Kraft Heinz is an EO employer – Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled and other protected categories
Benefits & Compensation Overview:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Additional perks: Pet Insurance, (EAP) Employee Assistance Program, Company paid Life Insurance, Company paid Short-term disability
- Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) or Health Savings Account (HAS) with Company contribution
- Wellness Program
- Starting Pay Rate $18.26 an hour
- Rate after certification of 2 lines $19.03
- Rate after certification of 4 lines $19.75
Monday-Friday, including some weekends 5:30pm -6:00am
Plant & Community Overview:
- Approximately 300 employees
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities- assigned based on business needs and seniority
- Union Plant, represented by UFCW Local 705
- Products: Vinegar, BBQ Sauces, Relish, Pickles, Mustard
- The Holland plant is one of the oldest plants in the company and has been operating since 1897. Although, locally known as the “pickle factory”, currently pickles only make up 5% of the total production. In 2016 the factory installed grey poupon mills to allow the production of its iconic mustard.
A successful candidate in this role is a fast learner, likes to observe and recommend changes to improve their jobs. Feels comfortable working with mechanical equipment. Candidates in this role will have plenty of opportunities to work overtime, and opportunities to be trained on different jobs and earn higher wages. This is an ideal job for somebody looking for long term career with a stable, reputable company.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- At the end of production, make sure everything is shut down and perform the required paperwork.
- Enter the HACCP results in the computer at the beginning of the shift.
- Set the cap code and case code by entering the appropriate information into the computer.
- Prepare line for production at the beginning of shift or when switching to different products.
- Obtain all necessary paperwork and information for each production day.
- Must learn the safe and proper operation of the packaging filling equipment.
- Perform set-up, start-up and changeover procedures for the equipment as needed.
- Responsible for clean-up of the equipment after smash-ups or misfeeds.
- Responsible for monitoring and communicating any process or product abnormalities to your Supervisor, Team Leader, or Line Technician.
- Performing Good Sanitation Practices (GSP’s) when handling equipment.
- Must follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
- Perform all required observations and training timely and as scheduled.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or Team Leader.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity