Program Manager - 10451
Dematic is hiring a talented Program Manager to focus on large complex Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) projects. In this role, you will provide strategic guidance to teams and project managers who are leading multiple projects for customer programs. As a Program Manager, you will have a strong talent for project execution, coordination, risk mitigation, and developing long term relationships with customers. Complex projects may contain or consist of PLC controls software, WMS, and WCS software. This role would be based in Holland, MI.
* Substantial and extensive experience with planning, management, and execution of highly complex project
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills
* Knowledge and ability to identify and develop the proper team skills required for the successful implementation of the various products and subsystems employed in complex systems inclusive of mechanical, controls, software, and installation teams.
* Ability to develop detailed project schedules inclusive of all in-scope engineering, installation, and integration schedule activities as well as out-of-scope milestones by others (i.e. customers and general contractors) impacting project execution.
* Ability to develop, define, and execute acceptance test plans inclusive of physical, functional, rate performance, and availability testing.
* Knowledge of 3rd party procurement, including development of RFPs/RFQs, bid review, assessment, and contract award in cooperation with purchasing resources.
* Experience with and execution of general processes associated with change control, approvals, and information exchange involving several stake holders, both internal and external
* Ability to coordinate the execution of activities by internal resources as well as customer/general contractor resources and recognize early and proactively issues that require corrective action and impact on timely execution.
* Ability to cause team and organizational action to mitigate scope, schedule, and cost concerns both internally and externally.
* Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, delegation, and organizational skills
* Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
* Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
* Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, and performance management.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
* Leads project/program managers in full scope of responsibilities for the most complex or strategic projects or programs.
* Successfully defines workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
* Evaluate and recommend changes in methods or procedures in own area of responsibility.
* Identifies resource needs and develop justification.
* Formulate, organize, and monitor inter-connected projects and coordinate cross-project activities
* Lead and evaluate project managers and other staff
* Develop and control deadlines, budgets, and activities
* Designs and develops strategic project/program objectives and opportunities.
* Leads project/program management role (definition of schedule, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource allocation management) for most complex projects or programs.
* Provides functional or business process leadership on most complex projects or programs.
* Leads the design of continuous improvement opportunities and facilitates execution of continuous improvement plan.
* Cultivate and maintain client relationships and sales opportunities.
* Strategize, implement, and maintain program initiatives that adhere to organizational objectives
* Develop program assessment metrics for evaluation and improvement
* Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
* Identify key requirements needed from cross-functional teams and external vendors
* Develop and manage budget for projects and be accountable for delivering against established business goals/objectives
* Work with other program managers to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects within the organization
* Analyze, evaluate, and mitigate project/program risks
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily organizational contacts and external contacts.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity