Rest Haven Homes, located in NE Grand Rapids, is a non-profit provider of specialized memory care for seniors. Our organization includes 42 private Independent Living Apartments and a 65 bed Assisted Living Facility with three levels of progressive needs-based care. We invest in our Team by supporting a dynamic, high-performance, fun and friendly workplace with our Residents as our collaborative focus.
We are searching for an experienced professional for the position of 3rd Shift Charge Nurse to oversee a small team of Nurse Aides in providing daily cares, administer medications, review & process physician orders, and exercise grace and love when interacting with Residents, family members and visitors.
Successful Charge Nurses:
- See the person behind the disease and mentor others to do the same
- Engage Residents, visitors, and coworkers in uplifting conversations
- Serve our Residents with patience and dignity ("Dignity is remembering someone's favorite song when they have forgotten it")
- Anticipate Resident and Team needs, and seek to exceed expectations
- Are able to adapt to the needs of the care environment
- Lead the Nurse Aides with grace and confidence
- Education: Minimum of an Associate's Degree or equivalent in Nursing
- Experience: Successful completion of a competency-based orientation program
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN), State of Michigan
- Basic Life Support (BLS) - within 90 days
- Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) within 180 days
- At least 2 years experience working with the elderly
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with a team who loves what they do, and work for an organization who appreciates you!
- Opportunity to utilize your current skill set while developing others!
- Make a difference in the lives of countless others in your daily interactions with Residents, Family, & staff.
To be considered for this opportunity, please reply to this ad with your salary requirements, and resume with cover letter (in .rtf, .doc, .docx, or .pdf format) ATTN: Mandi Palmbos, HR Director.
To learn more about us visit www.resthavenhomes.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour