BDO s Core Purpose is Helping People Thrive Every Day. Our Core Values reflect how we manage our work, our relationships and ourselves. As an employee of the firm, you will live true to our Core Values of people first, being exceptional every day in every way, embracing change, feeling empowered through knowledge and choosing accountability. Our Core Values are the standards by which we conduct ourselves day in and day out, both internally and externally.
The Financial System Analyst I (FSAI) has strong analytical, troubleshooting and/or problem solving skills demonstrated from their educational background, work experience or internships.
The FSAI is responsible for identifying and interpreting trends/patterns in support issues related to financial data/systems and proactively recommends actions and solutions. This role will be responsible for responding timely to business inquiries/issues and providing accurate and thorough answers by using business acumen, utilizing their educational background, knowledge of financial applications, productivity tools, and internal resources.
The FSAI will have good verbal and written communication to drive collaboration with the business and resolution of financial system inquires and issues from the business.
The FSAI will have proficiency in using Excel and pivot table tools to analyze data, solve reported system data issues and assigned projects.
This position works side-by-side with more experienced team members who provide direction, coaching and learning opportunities.
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or other relevant field OR equivalent work experience, required
- Five (5) or more years of experience working with financial systems without a degree, required
- Prior experience working within a professional services firm such as accounting, financial services, business advisory and/or banking industries, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, required
- Proficient in the use of PeopleSoft Financials, especially query and reporting functions, preferred
- Proficient in the use of Business Intelligence Reporting Tools (i.e. OneStream, Hyperion, COGNOS, Business Objects), preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good technical and data analysis skills
- Capable of working and communicating effectively with professionals of all levels
- Able to work in a deadline-driven environment with an attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills and the aptitude to learn new software applications
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting or independently
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Strong interest in accounting, finance, and systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Employer's Job# 17604BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.