GHD is seeking an experienced Equipment Operator(s) to operate various types of heavy equipment (tracked excavator, dozer, wheel loader, etc.) associated with dirt work construction. The Equipment Operator must be able to demonstrate safe operation of assigned equipment based on changing operating conditions. Candidates can be based anywhere in the US.
Travel: Projects are located throughout the U.S. Paid rotations - home every 3 to 4 weeks, all travel, mobilization, hotel and per diem costs are paid by GHD.
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work may vary based on project timelines and workload.
Working within one of our experienced multi-disciplinary teams, you will
* Read and interpret site-specific Safety Plan at each site; may be amended daily
* Read and interpret equipment operator's manuals; most equipment is rented, so the operator must learn new limitations for each piece of equipment
* Read and interpret rigging load charts
* Read MSDSs or SDSs that accompany all new and existing chemicals brought to or used at the hazardous waste site
* Operate/drive construction type truck/equipment.
* Work in areas of uneven terrain
* May assist in the training of new or less skilled Equipment Operators
* Ability to demonstrate common sense understanding and carrying out detailed written and oral
* Perform other duties as assigned
What you will bring to the team
* Minimum two years' experience in the construction field
* Excellent customer relations skills
* Have a strong work ethic
* Must be physically able to perform job tasks
* Wear and work in different types of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
* Climbing/stooping while wearing PPE
* Must be able to pass a background screen
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
* Experience with behavior-based safety programs
* Current 40-HR HAZWOPER Training
* Heavy Equipment Operator Certification
* First Aid/CPR
* Experience working with environmental contamination in soils
* Considerable knowledge of heavy equipment operating principles
* Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world's leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.