Attains team's goals by working collaboratively with Group Leaders and Team Members to drive continuous improvement. Works collaboratively with Group Leader and Team Members to ensure quality concerns are identified and escalated according to the company's quality process, ensuring highest quality products are delivered to internal and external customers. Consistently acts and behaves in a manner that supports a team-focused organization, effectively working to manage safety, quality, delivery, cost, and morale.
RESPONSIBILITIES & RESULTS
- Drives/supports continuous improvement process and initiatives to ensure continuous improvement of team metrics for assigned area.
- Assists Group Leaders with managing manufacturing processes with detailed accuracy and discipline to ensure a quality part is produced to customer specifications.
- Serves as owner of team(s) board process, including updating metrics daily; transfers information from work team to team(s) board to provide visibility of team measures.
- May have primary responsibility for escalating and driving alignment with the company's quality process in the event quality failures result in product containment.
- May have primary responsibility for escalating and driving alignment with the company's policies in the event company and/or department specific processes are not followed.
- May take the lead on product sort activities to assist in resolving internal/external customer quality concerns/complaints.
- Coordinates activities for training team members, as designated by Group Leader, including keeping training matrix complete and up to date, ensuring training of team members is complete and standard work processes are followed. May conduct training.
- Performs production responsibilities as necessary to cover for absenteeism or heavy workloads.
- Understands established quality standards and performs quality checks, per work area instructions.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent (required).
- Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal workplace instructions.
- Must be able to work up to 12 hours per day, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Three years' manufacturing experience (required).
- One year of experience working at Challenge Manufacturing or one year leadership experience (preferred).
- Machine operation and/or material handling equipment experience (preferred).