DK Security is recruiting for the position of Uniform Security Officers in several cities throughout the state of Michigan. You will find the job description listed below.
LOCATION: Jackson, MI
TITLE: Uniform Security Officer (Part-Time)
- Rate of Pay: $11.00+/hour (pay rate depends on experience level and contract site location)
- Benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, and Paid Medical Leave.
1st / 2nd / 3rd Shift Monday-Sunday
8 hour to 12 hour long shifts available!
16-32+ hours per week
SCOPE: Uniform Security Officers are responsible for protecting the construction site’s building, equipment, grounds, assets, employees, and visitors against criminal activity, vandalism, accidents, fires and natural disasters, as well as providing outstanding customer service.
- Must provide excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Guard posts – this may include outdoor positions, building lobbies or reception areas.
- Conduct hourly foot patrol of interior and exterior to check entrances, doors, windows and vents are locked and secure against break-ins (includes climbing stairs).
- Ensure unauthorized persons do not enter restricted areas.
- Check for employee and vendor identifications.
- Look for suspicious persons, packages and activities.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines; including but not limited to:
- Will NOT smoke while in uniform or on company/client property.
- Will NOT bring a personal weapon onto company/client property.
- Will adhere to our Appearance and Grooming standards at all time while on duty.
- Will report potentially hazardous conditions and items in need of repair including lighting, plumbing, wet floors, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older.
- Must have either a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be of good moral character and have the ability to pass a criminal background check, with no felony convictions, and no misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, illegal substances, multiple alcohol related offenses, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test at the time of hire and annually thereafter; which will test for the use of legal and illegal drugs, including marijuana.
- Must have a working cell phone and ability to make hourly wellness calls.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and willingness to travel to multiple locations.
- Must have a clean driving history, including but not limited to:
- Less than 3 moving violations in the previous 3 years.
- Less than 2 at-fault accidents in the previous 3 years.
- No major traffic/driving violations in the previous 3 years.
- Must have impeccable grooming (i.e. ability to adhere to our Appearance and Grooming policy).
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and email. All scheduling and major employee communications will be communicated via email.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be physically and mentally sound
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Must be able to reach with hands and arms, and to hold objects
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk for 8-12 hour shifts, including walking long distances, and possibly up and down stairs
- Must be readily able to respond to emergency situations
- Must be able to work in or outdoors during all seasons
- Must be able to hear conversations (in person or via 2-way radio) in noisy environments.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Must have flexible availability and willingness to work on short notice.
The information contained in this position description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (A.D.A) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by persons holding this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently in these positions and may change from time to time considering immediate operational requirements.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK Security’s job openings are open to all without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, height, weight, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, or veteran status.
M/F EEO/AA Employer