Engineering Software Developer - 11615
Dematic Corp. has a need for a Engineering Software Developer a our Grand Rapids, Michigan office in our Global Project Engineering group. The successful candidate will have experience working in the material handling industry as an electrical engineer. Candidates must have the below qualifications:
* Willingness to work overtime as needed is expected.
* Detailed and task oriented.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Works effectively with others in a team environment.
Job Family Responsibilities:
* Participates in complex design, maintenance, enhancement, testing, implementation, and support of custom software.
* Supports the development of software test requirements for the modules under development, may execute complex test specifications.
* Supports a team environment by providing technical assistance and guidance.
* Participates in presentations to demonstrate custom software.
* The ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
* Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve them in situations where the problem is more difficult and complex.
* Able to solve common or simple problems without escalation. Involving others for complex, unusual problems.
* Written and verbal communication will be considered a key competency evaluated for this position. Effectively communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Direction of Others:
May provide general guidance or train lower level support staff.
Key Working Relationships:
Primarily intra-organizational contacts and some external contacts.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity