The Die Technician 2 works with die build or production teams to follow company designated processes to build, tryout, upkeep and maintain dies in an exemplary manner according to the company quality policies.
Qualified candidates will possess the following Minimum Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- Completion of an Associate’s Degree in Tooling & Manufacturing (or similar program) or completion of a college-based or apprenticeship-based Tool & Die or Technician program or certificate
- Ability to train, teach, and assess other Die Technician trainees in the Career Path program, working well and leading and mentoring in a team environment
- Experience in the prototype or tool & die trade, specifically making, repairing, setting up, trouble-shooting and running dies
- Proven ability to work with progressive, transfer, compound, hand-feed or feinblank dies.
- Skilled in machine shop and machining operations, including welding
- Proven ability to assist with managing projects and resources effectively, including detailed documentation on tooling issues and component prints
- Excellent problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills