Daifuku America Corporation is a leader in Design, Manufacturing, Installation and Support of automotive automation/material handling systems in North America. The company is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer I for the facility in Reynoldsburg, OH.
This candidate should possess the ability to meet project schedules, budget objectives, and have excellent communication skills. Responsibilities include participating in creating and maintaining the systems that support engineering and enforce engineering standards.You will design, test, and prototype mechanical components and/or electrical subsystems.
- Hardware designing support of material handling system such as Conveyor, EMS
- PLC Programming support of material handling system such as Conveyor, EMS
- HMI designing support of material handling system such as Conveyor, EMS
- Design electrical device layout drawings
- Design control panel drawings and wiring schematics
- Electrical equipment selection
- Produce descriptions of sequence of operations
- Field modifications, support, and commissioning
- Shop trial support
- Electrical design Support of various industrial control systems
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Prepare operation manual
- Excellent organizational/communication skills
- Demonstrated PC skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Automotive experience/interest desired
- Must have knowledge of AutoCAD 2D
- 3-D CAD software a plus
- Knowledge of Industrial control systems
- Knowledge of Electrical Troubleshooting
- Knowledge of AC/DC Analysis
- Knowledge of Electrical Standard (National Electric Code, ANSI, OSHA)
- Must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience is desired
- Knowledge designing Motor Controls Panels.
- Knowledge with PLC programming (ControlLogix, Omron, GE Fanuc,,,)
- Knowledge with HMI such as GE, Panelview, PROFACE.
- Knowledge with material handling equipment preferred.
- Baggage handling experience is a plus.
- Familiar with electrical codes including NEC, NFPA 79, and UL 508A.
- DeviceNet & Ethernet experience is preferred.
- Knowledge overseeing all aspects of the project, including designing and commissioning.
- Knowledge with control design and ladder logic design
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Must be available to work weekends, nights, overtime, and holidays, as needed.
- Must be flexible as the position may require traveling to any of our job sites within the US, Canada, or Mexico.
Education and Experience 0-5 years of experience with automotive and/or material handling systems.
BS in Electrical Engineering or relevant work experience.
Daifuku offers an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and more.
Daifuku is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition
Daifuku America Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and federal sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition.