DK Security is Michigan’s fastest growing security company. Established in 1995, we began as an investigations firm and quickly expanded to provide uniform security, event staff security, loss prevention services, and much more based on the needs of our clients.
DK Security can provide you an opportunity to grow, develop and meet new people in a professional setting. We offer you the opportunity to enjoy the atmosphere of working on a team in a position that serves a critical purpose. DK has earned a reputable name in the security industry thanks to our outstanding officers that work in the field as well as our support staff and Command Center Operators at our corporate office, and we cannot wait to have you join our team!
LOCATION: Kentwood, MI
TITLE: Command Center Operator
REPORTS TO: Command Center Supervisor
- Rate of Pay: $13.00-$14.00/hour (starting pay is based on prior experience)
- Benefits: dental, vision, life insurance, group accident, short term disability, identity theft protection, and paid medical leave (eligibility requirements apply).
3rd Shift (10pm-6am AND/OR 12am-8am)
*must be available to work 3-4 days/week including every other weekend*
24-30+ hours/ week (part-time)
Command Center Operators are an integral part of DK's team! They are responsible for providing effective, 24 hour/day, 7 days/week, 365 days/year, support to our corporate management team as well as our supervisors and employees out in the field, and ultimately our customers and clients. In addition, the Command Center Operators are responsible for operating a multi-line switchboard, processing pre-employment background screening, processing companywide payroll, and most importantly providing outstanding customer service.
- Must provide above excellent customer service when dealing with Clients, Customers, Co-Workers, etc.
- Provide information and assistance to calling parties concerning emergency, security and general assistance needs.
- Follow procedures in dispatching personnel for emergency and non-emergency response.
- Accurately and quickly utilize computer-aided software for complaint documentation and processing of anonymous tip line calls.
- Serve as an information resource to DK employees and clients. Locate requested information through additional sources as needed.
- Process and report background screen requests.
- Process payroll companywide.
- Monitor an anonymous Whistleblower hotline, and provide thorough reports for clients.
- Monitor CCTV system using recording devices.
- Monitor, operate, test and data entry responsibility for a variety of computerized and electronic equipment used in access control, fire and security systems.
- Prepare reports, activity logs and files. Assist in the maintenance and distribution of reports, records and files.
- Assists security and event staff in scheduling/payroll processing, filling missed shifts, etc.
- Must follow site specific post guidelines.
- Document daily activities and incident reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be of good moral character, with no felony convictions or misdemeanor convictions for criminal sexual conduct or related offenses, theft, assault, or crimes of moral turpitude, is required.
- Must have impeccable grooming.
- Must possess above average customer service skills.
- Must have high school diploma or GED as well as some college experience.
- Associate’s degree (or higher) in Criminal Justice, business administration, or other related fields is preferred.
- Must present a friendly, positive, professional image to Clients, employees, supervisors, managers, and the general public.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of emergency procedures; ability to manage emergency situations while handling normal control center functions.
- Ability to multi-task multiple job duties while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to prioritize decisions based upon multiple criteria and identifiable standards of policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively interact with professional personnel at all levels within the corporation, outside agencies and general public.
- Must possess excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills and the ability to solve problems and de-escalate situations in a non-confrontational manner. These include the ability to read and write the English language and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, maintenance instructions and reports.
- Must possess the ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as a minimum.
- Must possess excellent computer skills; specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must have a flexible schedule and reliable transportation.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
DK Security is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. DK does not discriminate against applicants or employees based on the individual's race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, age, height, weight, disability, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status.