- Zeeland, MI, USA
- Full Time
Are you someone that enjoys applying basic problem solving skills to quality improvements and has excellent technical abilities then Plascore, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity for you! Due to our continued growth we are seeking a skilled Quality Technician to support product and process quality during product launch and on-going manufacturing operations. This person will be responsible for testing products in various stages of production and compiling and evaluating statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products.
Plascore offers employment on a professional team that is well educated and has dedicated years of service making it an employee driven organization. Plascore has established itself in the aerospace, automotive and marine industries as a global manufacturer of honeycomb core, composite structures and cleanrooms. Wherever there is a need for greater structural strength with less weight you'll find Plascore's honeycomb technology!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and file records and material per retention matrix. Ensure records are complete and accurate including receiving instructions, block cards, block packets, work instructions, travelers, work orders, customer and military specifications.
- Create, revise distribute and file manufacturing instructions, standard procedures, process specifications, forms and visual standards. Ensure latest revision is controlled and used.
- Facilitate corrective action procedures (CAR). Write C.A.R.; support interim action, root cause, corrective action, preventative action and implementation. Perform verification.
- Help maintain department gages, gage database, gage calibration, repair and replacement.
- Support/perform customer specific requirements including first article inspection, PPAP and prototype testing.
- Perform focus audits, and quarterly full system audits.
- Update weekly quality graphs and performance indicator reports including scrap, NC material and customer complaints.
- Support training quality inspections and testing. Perform quality inspections and testing as needed.
- Participate in improving our product, processes, equipment, and methods. Solicit product and process improvement ideas and repot to supervision and management.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment responsible for quality
- Experience supporting AS 9100, TS 16949, ISO 9000, ISO 14001 initiatives
- Proven audit experience
- Excellent communication and written skills
Interested candidates with varying technical qualifications and experience will be considered.
Plascore, Inc. has established itself in the aerospace, automotive and marine industries as a global manufacturer of honeycomb core and light-weight panels.
Plascore offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. For more information about our company, please visit our web site at www.plascore.com. We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.
We are an EEO employer dedicated to workforce diversity.