SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter and working on the Supply Chain/Distribution team isnâ€™t just about how we serve our customers, itâ€™s about how we treat our associates. We want you to feel valued as an individual and as part of our team. Our culture is vibrant and associates want to stay here because we have good people. Itâ€™s not unusual to see longevity of 25+ years at our facilities. We share a sense of pride and are excited to contribute to the companyâ€™s prosperity.
A day in the life of a Receiver/Unloader is never the same, but in this role, you will be expected to Responsible for basic and/or non-routine preventative and corrective maintenance; maintain and repair machinery and equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jacks, material handling equipment, etc.) within the distribution facility. May assist with basic building maintenance as required.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
* Responsible for basic and/or non-routine preventative and corrective maintenance; maintain and repair machinery and equipment (i.e. forklift, pallet jacks, material handling equipment, conveyors, compressors, pumps, sensors, switches, etc.) within the distribution facility
* Troubleshoot, diagnose, test and inspect (audibly and visually) equipment to determine need for repair
* Perform fabrications and/or modifications to new and existing equipment
* Ensure accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records
* Maintain a safe and clean working environment
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what you would need:
* Four (4) years mechanical experience required
* Experience with SCR controlled electric forklift and material handling equipment maintenance and repair preferred
* Proficiency in the use of mechanical tools required
* Valid driverâ€™s license is required/ valid hi-lo certification required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform theessential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform theessential functions. Must frequently sit, walk and stand, use hands to handle, grasp, and twist objects, tools, or controls, and useboth feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls. Must frequently walk, talk, crouch, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with the hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds with assistance as needed. While performing the duties of this position, employees are subject to a warehouse environment and frequently exposed to changes in temperature and humidity. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.