We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team-especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Shift Supervisor - Muskegon, MI - 2001227
The Shift Supervisor, reporting to the Plant Manager, manages plant operations, supervises the work activities of shift operations staff and maintains responsibility for the entire site during off hours. The primary focus of the Shift Supervisor is to lead the shift team to maintain a safe, compliant, and reliable plant that meets the production needs of the business.
The Shift Supervisor is the first line contact with hourly employees in regards to conflict resolution, skill development, and adherence to all functions including safety, environmental, quality, and productivity to ensure safe and efficient operations.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead shift activities to assure safe work practices, environmental compliance, quality assurance, production targets, and housekeeping
• Lead, support, and participate in the MOC process
• Lead, support, and participate in the incident investigation process
• Leading response activities in the event of incidents or plant emergencies
• Serve as incident commander or act in other emergency response roles as required
• Ensure efficient process operations based on key unit performance indicators
• Make appropriate process adjustments based on lab data.
• Ensure procedure usage and support procedure updates
• Provide regular feedback and annual performance evaluations to employees as part of the Performance Management process
• Provide input to support teams for plant ideas and improvements
• Lead and Participate in reliability reviews and root cause failure analysis
• Lead and Participate in hands on training and assessments of employees
• Ensure equipment preparation and readiness for maintenance
• Maintain necessary training and qualifications
• Lead and participate in unit production and safety meetings
• Document employee payroll time, vacations, absences, training records, and performance.
• Check unit environmental equipment, instrumentation, and monitoring devices to meet requirements of operating permits.
• Complete special assignments, as requested.
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong coaching skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be a proactive self-starter capable of working with limited supervision.
• Good problem-solving skills with ability to quickly address and resolve problems.
• Good communication and leadership skills with ability to motivate employees.
• Willingness to work rotating shifts (12 hour), weekends and holidays
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You...
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You @BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you-the whole you-in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Seven (7) years' experience in Operations of a Chemical Plant
• Two or more years of supervisory or leadership experience
• Operating knowledge with DCS experience
• Experience with root cause analysis
• Computer skills - experience with Microsoft word and excel.
• Ability to develop and document operating procedures.
• SAP experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Job: PROD - Production, Maintenance & Technicians
Title: Shift Supervisor
Requisition ID: 2001227