Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The Engineering Vision Team Lead will provide technical and compliance support to pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging operations utilizing vision systems. Provides leadership to hourly staff to support quality initiatives and product validations, explore innovative and alternate solutions to meet business needs, and provides great customer service to Operations to meet their objectives through timely, professional, and safe practices.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prioritizes and directs efforts of hourly technicians, support staff, and contracted resources to assure customer expectations are met.
- Provides direction for all vision and product validation activities and interfaces with department managers/supervisors to remove roadblocks and provide service to meet production schedules.
- Meets with team members to develop goals, work through issues, and discuss long term growth
- Supports equipment purchases and modifications, which improve plant productivity or accommodate the manufacturing of new formulations or products.
- Completes capital and expense projects by meeting agreed upon timelines, scope, and budget, generated with Operations and Engineering, while managing and tracking project costs to complete projects on budget.
- Works closely with other functional areas and multi-functional teams such as operations, quality, and scheduling to implement changes and to investigate and resolve vision system problems impacting plant quality or efficiency.
- Leads compliance with FDA current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) regulations during the design, specification, qualification, validation, maintenance, and use of equipment systems.
- Participates in the change management program to evaluate the impact of proposed activities on the validation status of control systems.
- Supports quality initiatives and provide resources for change control, validation, cGMP training
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline, or applicable technical degree, and 5 or more years of progressively responsible and relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years advanced experience working with and troubleshooting relevant Vision Systems with Supervisory experience is preferred
- Experience with product validation and change management in an FDA/cGMP related environment
- Ability to own and assist in the successful development, implementation and completion of vision system and automation related projects across multiple site locations
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software, and the ability to read and understand drawings, flowcharts, schematics, as it relates to system design documentation.
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean and Six Sigma processes preferred, including experience with the different continuous improvement techniques.
- Demonstrated self-confidence, and ability to manage direct reports, consultants, and contractors, while interfacing with multiple departments, working with internal engineers to manage system projects, policy and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and excellent interpersonal skills, including good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle and resolve conflicts and maintain confidentiality.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.