CNC MACHINE OPERATOR 2nd Shift
Summary: The Machine Operator will operate industrial equipment to manufacture and complete precision machined components. General job shop production labor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate a variety of equipment types such as Bridgeport knee milling machines, Mazak, Hurco, Haas, manual lathes, drill presses, saws, CNC, etc.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Utilize tools such as micrometers, calipers, indicators, depth gauges, bore gauges, height gauges, etc. to accurately check and inspect machined components.
- Inspect first piece parts.
- Create quality parts and be able to QC your own work.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines.
- Select the appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in preparation of machinery work.
- Lay out, measure, and mark metal stock in order to confirm placement of cuts.
- Demonstrated ability to setup a machine and run the job with minimal supervision.
- Work in a safe manner and follow safety policies and procedures.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Ability to follow basic written and verbal instructions, such as blueprints, work orders, assignments, etc.
- Basic math and computing skills.
- Ability to use calipers and micro-meters is required.
Education / Training / Experience:
- Experience with lathes, drill presses, saws, CNC, and/or knee milling machines is a plus.
- Basic geometric tolerancing and dimensioning skills, ability to read blueprints.
- Must be able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to stand the entire shift.
- Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes and noise.
- All production workers are expected to be available to work in all areas of production.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $20.00 /hour
- CNC Operator: 5 years (Preferred)