SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of a Fresh Sales Manager is never the same but, in this role, you would analyze wholesale and retail business objectives, trends, and customer needs to build support for and implement sales programs, campaigns, and procurement plans necessary for fresh (meat/seafood, produce, bakery/deli) products to achieve projected sales and gross profit objectives.
What You'll Do:
- Engages in regular contact with customers to identify needs and provide integrated full scope solutions.
- Oversees the development of comprehensive category business plans that include product assortment, pricing, placement and promotion consistent with the companyâ€™s overall goals and strategies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to facilitate results-oriented weekly ads and profitable display plans that support merchandising standards. Leverage successful merchandising programs with retail-owned and independent customers.
- Ensure that profit and gross margin targets are achieved through both volume growth and effective margin management of existing accounts.
- Participate in department negotiations on long-term contracts or purchase agreements with key suppliers to ensure forecasted return that maximizes sales and profits for the company.
- Measure the success or failure of business-building initiatives and identify opportunity gaps that can be corrected as needed to ensure growth.
Sound Like You? Here's what you'll need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) Food Marketing Business Administration, Merchandising, or other related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered
- Four years combined experience in sales, account management, and two years of supervisory experience
- Experience in a grocery, wholesale or food industry environment preferred
- Ability to Travel 70% of the time
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.