ULG has immediate openings for Concrete Laborers/Production Workers in Grandville, MI. Candidates must have the ability to understand directions and follow instructions. Technically proficient in tasks, work processes and equipment operation. Accountable for completion of daily work assignments, completion of work signatures and QA signatures for completeness and quality of work.
- Must have the ability to read and understand shop drawings
- Assists in set-up, stripping and changeover of precast production beds and base forms for different products as required
- Set end gates, block out plates, reveals, dovetail and false walls. Remove screws from end gates, block outs, etc.
- Pull and cut strand and assist with the tensioning process
- Install concrete fills and plates, rebar and wire, insulation, lifters, pick holes and c-hooks
- Layout and install rebar. Set and tie rebar for cages
- Assist in concrete pouring, screeding, oiling and spraying retardant. Assist in patching finished concrete products as necessary
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondences and memos
- Must be able to read a tape measure and have general construction knowledge
- Must have a Driver's License
- Concrete and construction experience preferred