***Company will also be attending a virtual job fair on 3/12 from 9am-4pm to meet with a representative! Register here:
Responsibilities (not all-inclusive)
Maintaining electrical distribution, pumping, mechanical and chemical equipment, rebuilding and dismantling pumps.
Complete repairs of valves and heavy equipment and machinery actively perform alignments of equipment.
Perform routine preventative maintenance using rigging, welding, cutting, machinery alignment, plumbing and pipe fitting.
Inspect the working condition and maintain the cleanliness of equipment and surrounding areas; replace and repair major equipment and tools.
Collect and analyze process and performance data used to diagnose, repair and perform preventive maintenance of water equipment, including print reading.
Perform tests and results; maintaining various records and preparing reports, and specifications for new equipment.
Perform shift work which could include weekend and holiday assignments.
Required Education & Experience
- High School or GED Michigan
- S4 or F4 license within two (2) years of level 1 designation
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Computer Maintenance Management System
- Procurement/purchasing, receiving, warehouse/inventory, and service contracting procedures and applications/systems
- Tools, methods, materials and practices used in repairing heavy machinery and equipment including some familiarity with methods and equipment used in moving heavy objects
- Exercise proficiency in various job duties in the various plants as well as all the equipment used in the job
- Effectively query and generate work orders
- Maintain and update various databases and automated records
- Weld, braze and cut with electric arc and acetylene torch
- Use advanced technology
- Utilize cranes
- Complete arithmetic computation
- Read and interpret schematics
- Craft, plan, schedule and close work orders
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Perform rigging process
- Lead team activities or to work as a team member
- Communicate frequently with team members and other units across the Organization about process, equipment or potential problems
- Effectively utilize appropriate security and safety equipment and procedures
- Effectively perform shop math
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance
- Develop proficiency in unit specific operations and software
- Climb ladders, work in confined spaces, elevated locations, and descend underground
- Lift tools and equipment up to 50 pounds
- Walk, stand, or work for long periods of time
- Hear audible alarms and detect abnormal equipment sounds
This position requires the ability to demonstrate normal color perception, visually inspect equipment and processes at any time of the day or night, pass bio-mechanical physical, vision, baseline physical and annual fit tests, wear respiratory protection and other personal protective equipment; perform a variety of laboring tasks involving carrying, stacking, digging, shoveling, hitting, pushing, pulling and other efforts requiring considerable physical strength and stamina.
- Valid Michigan Driver's License is required
- Valid CDL-A
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing