SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Universal Banker Representative I will engage with customers in a blended contact center environment consisting of telephone, interactive video, web chat, secure mail and online banking interactions. Customer interactions will be handled through direct video, phone, email, live chat and other electronic forms of communication. The agent will work as part of a team under the direction of the center manager and assigned team leads. The representative will be responsible for supporting department objectives through direct customer interactions, adhering to quality standards, and performing administrative tasks.
- Provide exceptional customer service through quality conversations and timely communications.
- Conducts work in a Video Conference environment and in a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Mitel phone systems, Jack Henry Platform Video Conferencing System and others.
- Ethically conducts operational tasks related to protecting customer and bank assets and related to regulatory compliance, including properly documenting account opening, completing logs and other records to document proper procedures, obtaining and ensuring the accuracy of all regulatory and procedural documentation.
- Protects all customer information and bank trade secrets and business records as confidential, and follows all company policies for communication with clients, vendors and associates.
- Provide front-line customer support through multiple service requests or inquiries submitted through email, Secure Mail, Web Chat or other Digital Banking Channels.
- Process customer support requests and inquiries including, but not limited to: Reg E Inquires, Stop Payments, ACH inquires, Account Information. Close accounts, Password Resets etc.
- Perform all tasks necessary to establish new accounts: Perform all due diligence required for new accounts, process applications, and deliver fulfillment materials, and upload approved accounts.
- Maintain a personally professional and presentable appearance in all internal and external customer interactions.
- Be fully proficient in the video banking system and online banking tasks.
- Engage with customers in a professional and friendly manner while providing a positive brand experience during each customer interaction.
- Maintains current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements; Employee Handbook policies; and Operations, Audit, and Security policies, through regular and thorough training.
- Assist with troubleshooting and issue resolution tasks associated with the Video Banking system and liaise appropriately with Contact Center Management, branch, operations, and IT staff in problem identification and resolution.
- Work with individuals in other departments (retail branches, deposit operations, online banking, and customer relations) to address Universal Banker and Call Center customer service issues and escalations.
- Regular attendance is required, working at the worksite during regular contact center business hours and/or assigned hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must have the ability to effectively cross-sell bank products and services.
- Collaborates with team members during times of excess workload to pick up overflow tasks.
- Utilizes communication skills to identify and address clients' needs while representing the Bank in a positive way.
- Contributes to building profitable, long-term relationships with our clients to reach our business objectives.
- Works harmoniously with others with exemplary interpersonal skills.
- Works on strict deadlines which requires prompt attention to detail and reliable attendance.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by the Contact Center Manager. Adhere to all bank policies and procedures as well as complying with legal and regulatory requirements.
WORKING CONDITIONS OF THE JOB: Stationed at desk 95% of working time. No unusual physical exertion required. No particular hazards on the job.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-year Customer Service, Retail banking or equivalent experience.
- Experience with using Onboard deposit software system.
- Familiarity with banking products and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on-screen, over the phone and in writing.
- Ability to solve problems while working directly with external and / or internal customers.
- Familiarity and high comfort level with a variety of electronic forms of communication -- phone, video, social media, email, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete work accurately.
- Proficient in basic office skills/equipment, including computer, email, ten-key calculator, copier, scanner/fax, typing, telephone, organization systems, and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Above average ability to think logically in order to analyze situations, resolve problems, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Proficient at working with multiple computer and software systems.
- Good interpersonal communication.
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to listen and develop/suggest solutions to problems.
- Ability to retain confidential information.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.