SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for assisting in the overall supervision of the branch & providing service to customers. Oversee Teller activities, maintain records of vault and Teller station cash balances, and oversee currency accounts. Assume responsibility in the branch manager's absence. Ensure proper customer service is provided. Meet with customers regarding consumer loans.
- Functions as the Head Teller, including; customer service, consumer lending and running a teller drawer.
- Verify all money received or shipped following proper bank procedures.
- Ensuring the vault is balanced on a daily basis & maintaining set cash limits.
- Responsible for making proper General Ledger entries and tickets.
- Ensuring that all Teller windows are balanced on a daily basis.
- Coaching Tellers in the efficient handling of customers' needs and assisting with the work.
- Provide on-the-job training for new Tellers as needed.
- Assist the branch manager in conducting performance evaluations for Tellers.
- Perform a variety of customer service transactions, such as account holds, stop payment orders, direct deposit, check confirmation & account opening. Responsible for advising customers on account options & opening all types of deposit related accounts & services for retail & business customers.
- Responsible for knowing security and emergency procedures.
- Monitor Tellers to ensure compliance with financial institution procedures and policies. In conjunction with Branch Manager, issues written & oral instructions on Teller operations as necessary.
- Complete foreign currency orders.
- Responsible for scheduling the Teller staff for the office.
- Coordinate with the branch manager the monthly staff meetings & branch quarterly audits.
- Coordinate & oversee weekly huddles.
- Assist the branch manager in the day to day operations of the branch office. Perform duties & responsibilities of the branch manager in the branch manager's absence.
- Ensure that bank policies & procedures are followed.
- Responsible for coordinating office maintenance.
- Responsible for managing and ordering office supplies.
- Assist manager with monthly reports generated from Synapsys.
- In the absence of the manager, conduct monthly coaching with staff regarding their production report results.
- Compile & analyze data for consumer loan requests. Assist in gathering the proper documentation for a consumer loan request and submit to Loan Support using the established workflow.
- Outline loan terms and conditions, and inform the borrowers of consumer loan commitments.
- Collect the pertinent consumer loan application information & other information as needed.
- Prepare consumer loan packages in accordance with banks standards.
- Handle customer problems & complaints as well as escalated complex customer problems from Teller staff; counsel customers with special needs or requests.
- Participate in activities for generating new business such as sales calls and special events.
OTHER FUNCTIONS: Other duties assigned from time to time by branch manager or branch administrator. Adhere and comply with all Bank Policies. Familiar with and abides by all bank regulations including but not limited to BSA and OFAC.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Stationed at desk/teller station 95% of working time. No particular hazards. Handling and lifting large bags or boxes of coins. No unusual physical exertion required.
- High School diploma/GED.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to retain confidential information.
- Outstanding interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional appearance and manner are required.
- Minimum of 5 years' banking experience preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of consumer lending experience preferred
- At least 2 years' experience in supervision
- Experience with Advisor in Mortgagebot preferred