SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, we deliver "what our guests want, when they want it â€“ fast and friendly." We take pride in service excellence and enjoy providing a great customer experience. There are many retail employers, but not all offer a place where you can learn, grow and thrive. Thatâ€™s why SpartanNash is a cut above the rest.
This position is located in Hastings.
A day in the life of a Pharmacist is never the same but, in this role, you would expect to responsible for the efficient, ethical, and lawful compounding and dispensing of prescription pharmaceuticals. Advises customers on the use and storage of prescription and nonprescription drugs. Orders and maintains supply of pharmaceutical stock. Oversee pharmacy technicians as needed.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Receive prescription and refill requests from customers and/or clinics and fill prescriptions request efficiently and accurately and in a professional and courteous manner
- Dispense medications a prescribed; oversee and ensure accurate retrieving, counting, pouring, weighing, mixing, packaging and/or labeling of products.
- Responsible to order, stock, check inventory, and perform cycle counts in the pharmacy, for both prescription and over-the-counter items and maintain familiarity of department products.
- Review and validate received orders for amount, quality, count or weight, condition and ensure all products are stored in appropriate areas.
- Ensure all outdated/damaged products are handled per established guidelines
- Lead and or/oversee pharmacy technicians and/or pharmacy interns as needed to ensure efficient and accurate service is provided.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Strong knowledge of HIPPA privacy and Security rules, pharmacy laws, rules, and guidelines
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; strong customer service skills, strong multi-tasking, organization, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership abilities with capability to work in a hands-on environment
- Successfully completes required continuing education hours and maintains Pharmacy License in good standing
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree (Required) Pharmacy or related field required. Doctorate in Pharmacy preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds occasionally. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. Must be able to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical retail store environment (varied temperatures) and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee will be exposed to refrigerated/freezer coolers on a frequent basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
SpartanNash is proud to take care of the people who take care of our business through our robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package. !
SpartanNash is a certified Military-Friendly employer. Veterans are encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.