Union Bank is seeking a friendly, out-going, sales-oriented individual to join our customer-focused team as a Teller at our Lake Odessa Branch. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 6 months of previous cash handling, banking and/or customer service experience.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Under supervision and in a training capacity, provide service to customers involving receipts and payment of cash, and to recognize customer needs and suggest appropriate Bank services.
- Receive all types of transactions: Checking, Savings, Tax deposits, Credit Card deposits, Loan payments
- Count, prove, and package currency and coin.
- Verify customer identity.
- Cash checks following proper Bank procedures, making sure funds are available and collected.
- Balance cash drawer and prepare balancing sheets, keeping within the cash limit assigned.
- Assist in night depository functions.
- Keeps teller station furnished with a working supply of forms.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures along with maintaining an awareness of all applicable laws and regulations.
- Open accounts including Checking, Savings, and Certificates of Deposits.
- Answer phone and provide extraordinary customer service.
- Cross sell and promote all bank products.
- Serve safe deposit box customers.
- Balance Automatic Teller Machine.
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by the Office Manager or other Officers.
WORKING CONDITIONS OF THE JOB
- Stationed at teller area 95% of working time.
- Requires standing on feet good share of day.
- Work at different branches with short notice or as scheduled.
- Handling and lifting large bags or boxes of coins.
- No particular hazards on the job.
- High School education.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills: ability to operate standard office equipment such as computers and adding machines.
- Ability to retain confidential information.
- Professional appearance and manner is required for this customer contact position.
- Must have proper phone etiquette.
- Prior cash handling experience