Provides shift supervision, responsibility and accountability for the delivery of nursing services to the assigned staff and residents. Ensure department resources are allocated in an effective and economical manner to enable residents to attain and/or maintain the highest physical, mental and psychosocial well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver nursing care to residents including medication administration, documentation, therapeutic treatments direct care.
- Conduct daily rounds to observe residents and to ensure nursing and restorative needs are being met. Communicate resident care needs to physicians/extenders to ensure medical intervention.
- Consult with resident's physicians in planning resident care, treatment, rehabilitation and change of condition.
- Admit, transfer and discharge residents as necessary. Ensure resident rooms are ready for occupancy.
- Review and complete informative and descriptive nurses' notes of the nursing care provided and resident's response to care.
- Provide shift supervision to certified nursing assistants including assignments of resident care.
- In coordination with the Clinical Manager, provide support with attraction and staff retention efforts, including hiring, onboarding, staff development, coaching and counseling and performance management.
- May participate in resident care conferences to summarize resident's care health outcomes.
- Initiate timely incident investigations, ensuring immediate resident/staff safety. Notify proper personnel and ensure accurate and complete documentation.
- Schedule physician and other clinical appointments.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- Current State of Michigan RN license.
- One year experience as an RN in long term care with general knowledge in dementia care services preferred.