Provides residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident's care plan, policies, procedures and as directed by supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and document residents in all activities of daily living as needed for each individual resident assigned, e.g., vital signs, weight, feeding, oral intake, bathing, grooming, mobility, toileting.
- Conduct shift rounds to observe residents and to ensure nursing and restorative needs are being met. Communicate resident care needs to the Charge Nurse and oncoming shift partners.
- Assist with providing resident centered care initiatives, e.g. the fine dining experience.
- Safely lift and transfer residents using proper lift equipment and safety devices.
- Transport residents to and from in-house and community activities.
- Answer resident 'call lights' promptly and courteously.
- Assist assigned staff in resident admission, transfer and discharge functions.
- Report all changes in residents' condition to the charge nurse as soon as possible.
- May be required to assist and complete the restorative activities based on the restorative plan of care.
- Perform light housekeeping duties in residents' rooms, e.g. clean spills, and make beds, secure residents' personal items.
Education, Training, and Licensure/Certification
- State of Michigan Certified Nursing Assistant.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Patient care experience in acute care, assisted living or long term care preferred.