Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are currently looking for a Contract Manager to join our Rx group in Martin, MI
Job Purpose:Knowledge, Experience and Education:
Manages an assigned set of complex purchase and rebate agreements by analyzing price requests, coordinating responses to RFPs and right of first refusal opportunities, negotiating terms and conditions, preparing product offer letters, and coordinating internal approvals for all contract offers and changes.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Must possess strong knowledge of the generic pharmaceutical or similar industry; experience working with purchase and rebate agreements with wholesalers, retail chains and group purchasing organizations.
- Must be able to understand pricing strategies including strategies for, discounts, rebates and promotional obligations.
- Must possess the ability to understand, interpret and apply legal requirements in a variety of contract relationships. Strong analytical skills and financial acumen are required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to represent the company to external customers are necessary, as are strong negotiating skills.
- These skills are normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree and 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Ensure division financial goals are met by monitoring price, margin, sales and other indicators against existing contracts; verify financial impact of changes and maintain compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley standards.
- Ensure contracts meet company standards by negotiating terms and conditions and reviewing contracts or revisions; represent the company to customers throughout the contract and sales processes, and resolve problems to maintain customer satisfaction and the company’s reputation.
- Coordinate responses to RFPs and preparation of draft and final contracts, purchase agreements, product offer letters and other contractual documents through department and legal review processes to ensure contracts are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintain effective working relationships with customers by tracking status of contracts and payments, and providing status reports to the sales and management leadership.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.