As of March 20th, we are still looking for caring individuals to join our team in during this COVID-19 crisis.
What you need to know:
- You do not need a license to work at our assisted living—we can hire and train any caring individual that will pass our state required background check
- Since we care for a vulnerable population, infection control is very important to us. We have safe procedures in place that go above and beyond most businesses. The health and safety of our residents and staff is a top priority
- We have flexible schedules and are willing to work with you
- Volunteer help or paid positions will be available
Heritage Property Management, our current loyal employees, and especially our senior residents can not thank you enough for your help and compassion.
“When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping.”? Fred Rogers
Medication Technician/Med Tech Full Time
L.P.N., E.M.T., Military Medic, C.N.A. or M.A. certification required. Must have satisfactorily completed training in medications – including administration and documentation. Must be able to demonstrate skill and knowledge of medications – identification, use, purpose, adverse effect, and contra-indications. Must maintain current certification or licensure.
Scope and Purpose
Responsibility for accurate and timely delivery of medications and treatments to residents, in keeping with the physician orders. Also responsible for communicating any concerns to the physician. Additionally, will perform services of resident support staff as directed in the individual service plan.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administration of medications and treatments as prescribed by physician
- Appropriate documentation of medication and treatment administrations
- Documentation of events and incidents
- Summary documentation in resident records
- Direct care and service to residents as needed
- Communicate appropriately with residents, family members, physician, support staff, and ancillary care providers
Appledorn Assisted Living Center South is licensed by the Michigan Department of Human Services, Office of Child and Adult Licensing as a Home for the Aged. Our staff is carefully selected and trained to unobtrusively monitor each resident and their health - both physical and mental - watching for signs of pain, confusion, inattentiveness to personal hygiene, missed meals or changes in normal routine.
Our goal is to offer assistance when help is needed and encouragement to each of our residents to be as self-sufficient and independent as possible.