The College Intern â€“ Development is a participant in the Summer Talent Exposure Program (STEP). This program is designed to provide undergraduate college students with unique opportunities to develop their individual talents and to experience a large corporate environment.
The number of positions are limited; therefore, students referred by a partner community organization and returning students are given preference. If you have not been referred by a partner community organization, please consider applying for another student employment opportunity.
Various locations within Southeast MI. In general, these positions are located at our downtown Detroit Corporate Headquarters, but on occasion may be located at one of our service centers or power plants.
- Students in this role will:
- Gain a deep understanding of DTEâ€™s operations, business model and key initiatives.
- Produce clear, useful and value-added work product to support business unit with various assignments and projects.
- Gain real hand-on experience that they can be proud to put on their resume
- Acquire a new network of professional contacts
- Gain a new/enhanced set of soft business skills
- Have a successful summer experience and desire to come back and work for DTE
- The STEP Program is not permanent and concludes at the completion of assigned projects, within 120 calendar days of start.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Must be an undergraduate student or a high school graduate who will be attending college in the fall.
- Those who are graduating from college in prior to the summer are not eligible for the Program.
- Students should possess good written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills, demonstrate the ability to work effectively with people at all levels and be safety conscious at all times.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.