To maintain and perform repairs on all plant production and auxiliary equipment ensuring that quality parts are being manufactured safely.
- Perform the preventative and predictive maintenance on all production and auxiliary plant equipment as assigned by the Maintenance Manager according to the equipment maintenance schedule, with the purpose of minimizing equipment breakdowns and production interruptions.
The Preventative and Predictive Maintenance includes the following equipment:
- Blow molding presses
- Injection molding presses
- Machine and production conveyors
- Material granulators
- Hydraulic trim presses
- Production jigs, fixtures, finishing and testing equipment and it's mechanical and electrical components
- Maintenance and welding room equipment used for maintenance needs
Repairs and troubleshooting is to be performed on the following equipment systems:
- Hydraulic system
- Pneumatic system
- Mechanical components
- Plumbing components
- Minor electrical
- Control and safety components
- React to production needs by performing necessary repairs, adjustments and calibrations on the equipment to ensure that quality parts are produced and equipment down time due to breakdowns is minimized.
- Perform major equipment repairs, overhauls and rebuilding as required to ensure bringing it back to operation and ensure that the equipment is fully functional and safe.
- Fabricate jigs, fixtures and other production tools.
- Record daily in department logbooks all repairs and preventative maintenance performed.
- Perform new equipment installations as requested by the Maintenance Manager.
Ensure there are no quality or production interruptions or errors due to your lack of giving or seeking information by:
- Fully informing the Maintenance Manager of all events affecting plant operations.
- Exchanging information with the Maintenance Manager regarding scheduling and any special instructions regarding the plant.
- Participate and discuss possible changes or problems with your supervisor, and maintenance department personnel in order to improve quality and quantity of products.
- Correctly filling in logbooks.
- Inform immediate Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Engineer when quality problems occur.
A worker shall:
- Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Safety & Health Act and the regulations.
- Use or wear the equipment, protective devices or clothing that the worker's employer requires be using or wearing.
- Report to his or her employer or supervisor the absence of or defect in any equipment or protective of which the worker is aware, and which may endanger himself, herself or another worker.
No worker Shall:
- Remove or make ineffective any protective device required by the regulations or by his or her employer, without providing an adequate temporary protective device and when the need for removing or making ineffective the protective device has ceased, the protective device shall be replaced immediately.
- Use or operate any equipment, machine, device or thing or work in a manner that may endanger himself, herself or any other worker.
- Engage in any prank, contest, feat of strength, unnecessary running or rough and boisterous conduct.
- A worker is not required to participate in a prescribed medical surveillance program unless the worker consents to do so.
SECURITY AND HOUSEKEEPING:
- To ensure that no person(s) enters company property for the purpose of solicitation, reporting all solicitation attempts to the Plant Manager.
- To ensure that no unauthorized people enter the company facilities. Verify that all doors are locked and lights, equipment, etc. are turned off when required.
- Ensure that the building is a clean and safe workplace at all times.
- Must not disclose to any person, without the Company's consent, any information concerning its inventions, processes, methods, trade secrets, or secret procedures owned or used by the Company or any confidential information in any way relating to the Company's business or affairs
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY:
- Report all incidents, accidents and/or hazards.
- Wear and/or use the appropriate personal protective equipment as required for the position (defined).
- Performs housekeeping activities as required.
- Where so prescribed, provide a worker with written instructions as to the measures and procedures to be taken for protection of the worker.
- To ensure that all new tooling is adequately safeguarded before it is put into service.
EMPLOYEE RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATION:
- Provide and/or participate in training as required.
- Perform compulsory overtime as necessary.
- Comply with Company rules, policies and procedures as stated in the ABC Technologies Employee Handbook.
- Perform other work duties when assigned.
- Reports to supervisor any incident (or potential hazard) where damage to the environment (air, water, soil) might occur.
- Work in compliance with ISO14001 Policy, environmental legislation and Company issued policies and
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is regularly required to talk or hear and use a radio to communicate. Use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, use power tools and hand tools, or controls and reach with hands and arms. Frequent lifting or moving objects of up to 25 pounds; heavier objects can be moved with assistance from other employees or equipment. Climbing ladders, crouching, bending, twisting and kneeling in or around machinery is frequent. Must be able to stand and walk for 90% of the workday. Occasional lifting or moving objects of up to 50 pounds is possible; heavier objects will be moved with assistance from other employees or equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud dependent upon area of production floor where work is being performed. Often works in an office area where noise level is low, but frequently performs work on the shop floor.