SpartanNash is a value-added wholesale grocery distributor â€” supplying more than 2,100 independent grocery retail locations throughout the United States â€” as well as a grocery retailer, with more than 155 corporate supermarkets in nine states. We also serve the military community through our MDV division; in addition to offering premier fresh produce distribution and fresh food processing through Caito Foods and third-party logistics through BRT.
At SpartanNash, relationships matter, and our Corporate team takes that sentiment to heart in the way we work as one totally aligned team, support and respect each other and share the highest standards of excellence. Weâ€™re always looking for the next great idea or a new way to approach a challenge, and we collaborate and innovate to achieve our goals.
A day in the life of the Security Engineer I is never the same but, in this role, you will be responsible to assist with the installation, configuration, implementation and maintenance of third-party security system technologies. Participate in project designs and upgrades of security procedures and technologies to ensure system security and compliance as assigned.
What Youâ€™ll Do:
- Assist with the installation, configuration, implementation and maintenance of third-party hardware and/or security system software utilities. Assist with monitoring, testing and troubleshooting issues for security technologies as appropriate.
- Implement timely upgrades, maintenance fixes and vendor-supplied patches for assigned security systems technology. Recommend and execute modifications to improve efficiency, reliability and performance of security infrastructure.
- Participate in project designs and upgrades of hardware or security software systems. Conduct research in support of procurement or development efforts as assigned.
Create and maintain documentation for security system architecture, troubleshooting and end user information.
- Identify and resolve basic to semi-complex issues; work with senior level staff and other IT areas to ensure resolution of issues and escalate issues as necessary to ensure timely resolution.
Work closely with various IT teams as necessary to support the hardware and system security technology.
- Remain current with new technologies and security engineer methodologies and protocols.
Responsible to respond to system issues on a 7x24 basis and participate in an on-call rotation.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed as assigned for this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements; additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Sound Like You? Hereâ€™s what youâ€™ll need:
- Bachelor's Degree (Required) Information Systems Security, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- One-year Information Security Technology experience preferred.
- Requires basic knowledge of computer hardware architecture and operating systems in a multi-system environment. Must have basic knowledge of security concepts, best practices and procedures.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; good customer service skills. Good analytical, problem solving/troubleshooting, decision-making, and attention to detail skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and escalate issues when needed, ability to shift priorities as business needs.
- Must participate in an on-call rotation.
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.