Company Description: Auxilio is here to help school districts. Across several categories, we provide specialized, expert management of the student environment, saving clients’ time and money to reinvest in the student experience.
Scope: The Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairing and troubleshooting equipment, systems, and furniture along with taking care of the school grounds. This position repairs furniture, replaces parts in various electronic equipment, inspects the structural integrity of buildings and electrical systems, and responds to other emergency maintenance requests as needed.
- Respond to maintenance requests from company employees and school officials.
- Install building locks, replace light bulbs, fix windows, repair or replace office furniture.
- Repair broken sinks, toilets, and other plumbing equipment.
- Manage grounds keeping duties, such as snow shoveling in winter and leaf raking in fall.
- Inspects and repairs electrical equipment and light switches.
- Transport furniture and other equipment.
- Keeps logs of all maintenance work and reports updates to Custodial Manager.
- Repairs locks and security systems.
- Orders supplies when necessary.
- Paints walls and exteriors of buildings.
- Troubleshoots mechanical issues in company equipment.
- Inspects heating and cooling systems.
- Performs basic HVAC repairs.
- Inform management about workplace concerns such as damaged equipment, leaks, noises, structural defects, unusual odors, etc.
- Follows approved health and safety guidelines to clean up injuries involving chemicals, solvents, blood, body fluids and/or body tissues. Reports personal injuries that require treatment to management.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures including local, state and federal laws and regulations. Attend safety, training and informational meetings.
- Maintains a professional appearance and wears work attire appropriate for the position.
- Punctual; provides prompt notification to management of attendance delays or absences.
- Performs miscellaneous custodial work as needed.
- Always adhere to FERPA regulations and remain confidential.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver License required.
- Minimum 5 years of relative building maintenance experience preferred.
- Subject to Background Check and Drug Screen.
- Knowledge of applicable safety protocols and extremely safety conscious.
- Knowledge of power tools, plumbing, HVAC, electrical and grounds required.
- Ability to operate mechanical and landscaping equipment.
- Ability to respond quickly and calmly to emergency requests.
- Communicates maintenance problems and solutions clearly and effectively.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring moderate physical strength.
- Ability to read operating instructions and blueprints for renovation and repair purposes.
- Ability to cooperate with other staff members.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must be dependable, punctual, meticulous and have solid time management skills.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in support of students and school operations.
- Ability to support school functions and community activities as deemed necessary.
- Ability to read and understand warning signs.
- Committed to a Safety Lifestyle.
The following physical demands are considerable balancing, bending, climbing, crouching, kneeling, reaching, or standing. Exposure to adverse weather conditions and temperature extremes. Exposure to air-borne particulates, chemical irritants, combustible materials, electrical hazards, equipment vibrations, loud sounds, moving mechanical parts and odors. Exposure to wet and/or slippery surfaces. Exposure to blood-borne pathogens and communicable diseases. Lifting, carrying and moving sometimes heavy work-related supplies or equipment up to 70 pounds. Performing strenuous or repetitive physical tasks for extended periods of time. Working at various heights, in confined spaces and/or in variable/diminished lighting.
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Financial Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cell Phone Plan Discount
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- First Year Recruitment Bonus
- Referral Bonuses
- Paid Training
- Growing Company
Auxilio Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.