Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, weâ€™ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visit .
Set up and operate automatic and semi-automatic power brake machine which forms sheet metal to blueprint specifications. To produce completed formed parts from a provided blank to specified print dimension.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and operate machine according to standard work. Operate automatic or semi-automatic power brake machines following standardized set-up. Perform operations in accordance to all safety procedures.
- Participates in standard job rotations. Perform job rotation with team members to insure proper standardized work and ergonomic safety.
- Performs rework. May perform rework operations.
- Maintains in-station process controls. Performs required inspection of components and sub-assemblies. Works according to in station process controls and signals the supervisor at the first sign of abnormality. Reports all variances and/or improper operations.
- Supports and participates in all changes to standardized work. Participate in all changes to standardized work and job breakdowns with fellow team members to ensure ability to do the change and gain the competitive benefits of continuous improvement.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance work. Works with all team members to conduct daily, weekly, and/or monthly preventative maintenance. Follows all visual controls and takes action to correct situations outside of controls.
- Performs all 5S housekeeping tasks. Works to ensure work area is maintained in a clean, orderly, and safe condition at all times. Completes all regularly scheduled 5S checks. Assists in any 5S activity scheduled for assigned work cells. Immediately alerts team member and team coordinators of all unsafe work conditions.
- Participates as a member of the Production Team. Participates in ongoing development, problem solving, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues effecting cohesiveness. Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Production Team Member. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function. Nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- Must be able to pass basic skills tests in English and math.
- 1-2 Years Manufacturing Experience including experience operating forming brakes and or press brakes.
- Must successfully complete an internal fabrication assessment.
- Must obtain a valid fork lift license, must obtain a valid over head crane permit, must successfully complete annual authorized lock-out training and obtain a lock. Also must successfully complete additional safety procedure training as it relates to the specific equipment being operated.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred. Working knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques, principles, and tools preferred.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
We are an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer â€“ minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.