Wedgwood Christian Services Youth Treatment Specialists
Part-time positions available, both permanent and temporary.
Amid this COVID-19 crisis, Wedgwood is continuing to hire for direct care positions/Youth Treatment Specialists – part-time roles, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. Our Youth Treatment Specialist team members are essential in providing compassionate care for kids in Wedgwood’s Residential Program 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Without this team, kids would not receive the life-changing services they need. Transform the lives of children and youth… and make an extra $3.00/hour differential during this time. Please see position qualifications and responsibilities below.
The Youth Treatment Specialist is responsible in providing daily care, counsel and supervision to the adolescents living within a residential home with youth ranging in age from 6-18 years. Youth Treatment Specialists assist in overseeing the treatment programs of individual residents and managing the daily operations of the residential unit. Those with interests in criminal justice, human trafficking, developmental disabilities, substance abuse, and social work are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age
- High school diploma required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Additional education and/or certification in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, Criminal Justice, Women’s Studies, Childhood Development or a related field preferred.
- Ability to pivot, bend, twist and stoop while bearing weight of individuals served.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. non-stationary weight through the approved technique is required.
- Alignment with Wedgwood Christian Services Faith Statement.
- Providing daily therapeutic care, counsel, and supervision to adolescents ages 6-18 in the residential program.
- Assisting in overseeing the clinical treatments programs of individual residents and managing operations of the residential unit.
- Participation in recreational activities when they are scheduled.
- Meal preparation in the residential home.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match (available for full-time and part-time permanent employees)
- A Locally Partnered Employee Assistance Program
- Pet insurance discount through Nationwide
- Legal Insurance
- Direct deposit
- Federal Loan Forgiveness (offered for permanent staff only)
- Wedgwood is proud to offer a full gymnasium with an attached 24hr wellness center that houses a wide variety of workout equipment. Wedgwood is happy to provide this space to our staff at no cost.
- Walking trail that leads around the beautiful campus.
ABOUT WEDGWOOD | For 60 years, Wedgwood Christian Services has been dedicated to boldly taking on the toughest problems facing children and families through residential care, counseling services, and community programs. Wedgwood strives to support and help restore the physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual well-being of children, adults, and families in our community.
Mission: Wedgwood Christian Services extends God's love to youth, adults, and families through professional counseling and educational services.
Core Values: Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, and Diversity