Part-time positions available, 1st and 2nd shifts.
Amid this COVID-19 crisis, Wedgwood is continuing to hire for direct care positions (Developmental Care Specialists) – part-time roles, 1st and 2nd shifts. Our Developmental Care Specialist team members are essential in providing compassionate care for kids in Wedgwood’s Residential Programs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Without this team, kids would not receive the life-changing services they need. Transform the lives of children and youth… and make an extra $3.00/hour differential during this time. Please see position qualifications and responsibilities below.
The Developmental Care Specialist works in our VanderArk program which serves children with developmental disabilities. This can include both male and female children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, or those who were affected by Fetal Alcohol Syndrome. Currently our program includes those who are verbal and nonverbal, and those who are lower functioning cognitively, socially, and behaviorally. Those seeking occupational therapy or applied behavior technician experience and certifications are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age
- High school diploma required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Additional education and/or certification in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or a related field preferred.
- Prior experience supervising a developmentally disabled individual preferred.
- Ability to pivot, bend, twist and stoop while bearing weight of individuals served.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. non-stationary weight through the approved technique is required.
- Subscription to the Statement of Faith of Wedgwood Christian Services and agreement with the goal, purpose, and objective of the agency.
- Providing daily care, counsel, and supervision to low functioning adolescents in the VanderArk residential program.
- Assisting in overseeing the treatments programs of individual residents and managing operations of the residential unit.
- Participation in recreational activities when they are scheduled.
- Meal preparation in the residential home.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match (available for full-time and part-time permanent employees)
- A Locally Partnered Employee Assistance Program
- Pet insurance discount through Nationwide
- Legal Insurance
- Direct deposit
- Federal Loan Forgiveness (offered for permanent staff only)
- Wedgwood is proud to offer a full gymnasium with an attached 24hr wellness center that houses a wide variety of workout equipment. Wedgwood is happy to provide this space to our staff at no cost.
- Walking trail that leads around the beautiful campus.
ABOUT WEDGWOOD | For 60 years, Wedgwood Christian Services has been dedicated to boldly taking on the toughest problems facing children and families through residential care, counseling services, and community programs. Wedgwood strives to support and help restore the physical, social, intellectual, emotional and spiritual well-being of children, adults, and families in our community.
Mission: Wedgwood Christian Services extends God's love to youth, adults, and families through professional counseling and educational services.
Core Values: Integrity, Compassion, Excellence, and Diversity
Schedule: A rotation of 1st and 2nd shift. Weekend support.