Macatawa Bank’s events are designed to support the Bank’s mission in strengthening the communities and customers we serve financially. The Marketing Event Support position is a, part-time, on-call position designed to support the Marketing Department and Macatawa Bank with most of their events throughout West Michigan. The ideal candidate enjoys West Michigan and all of its communities, understands the Bank’s mission, and is passionate about promoting and representing Macatawa Bank at community events. The position is year-round, but many of the Bank’s events are held during the months of April through October.
Mac Snack Wagon
• Drive Snack Wagon trailer to scheduled events.
• Make sure Snack Wagon is stocked with supplies for each event. This may include coordination of ordering supplies and food and obtaining it from the vendor, stocking fridge with cases of water, making sure it is stocked with spoons or other items needed for each different event. Job will include planning in advance for upcoming and scheduled events.
• Requires the ability to drive company vehicles, tow bank owned single and tandem axle utility trailers, attach a trailer to a vehicle, tow a trailer down the road, back up and maneuver a trailer at various locations with varied terrain.
• Set up and take down Snack Wagon which requires climbing ladders and heavy lifting.
• At each event, make sure the Mac Snack Wagon is staffed with at least one Macatawa Bank employee, is properly cleaned and organized after events by staff, and during or before event, operated according to the Standard Operating Procedure required by the Health Department to maintain the Snack Wagon’s STFU licensing. This may include supervising and communicating with employees on proper use and procedures.
• Ability to coordinate event logistics and maintain excellent records of Event Request Forms, Work Orders and updates is necessary.
• Organizing and cleaning the Snack Wagon inside and out after events.
Provide marketing support of bank sponsored events and promotions and other miscellaneous marketing activities
• Work with the Marketing Team and provide marketing support as needed.
• Must be able to handle a wide array of Marketing support duties, including, but not limited to, delivery, pick up, and set up of tents, coolers, bottled water, games, tables and chairs, banners, popcorn machines, wagons, boat float, table top and pull up displays, marketing materials, etc.
• Obtain Helium and safely deliver and pick up Helium tank(s).
• Drive boat float in various local parades.
• Work in the office helping the Marketing Department with various tasks.
• Taking photos at events.
• Keep company vehicles maintained with a clean appearance inside and out. Keep all other Marketing event support trailers and equipment clean, neat, and organized.
• Fulfilling and packaging orders of logo items for distribution bank-wide.
• Inventory taken two times a year.
• Maintaining an organized store and reducing our foot print in the warehouse.
• Keeping track of orders via email and fulfilling them in a timely manner.
• Must have a valid Michigan Drivers’ license.
• Maintain open and honest communication with Marketing Event Supervisor at all times.
• Must have the physical ability to move heavy equipment, stand, and bend throughout the scheduled shift, use a ladder, etc.
• Hours and days will vary extensively from the standard 8 am – 5pm day, Monday – Friday week. This includes evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
• Work outside in a variety of weather conditions.
• Ability to follow Event Request Forms and Work Orders.
• Have a reliable form of communication, working outside the office.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
• Must be self-motivated and an enthusiastic team player.
• Customer service skills – the ability to work with people inside and outside of the company.
• Must have excellent verbal, written, and electronic communication skills as well as computer and phone skills.
• Must be very organized and able to perform without direct supervision.
• Be timely – ability to manage time on their own allowing ample time for delivery and set up in accordance with Event Request Forms and Work Orders.
• Requires the ability to tow, move and back up Bank owned single and tandem axle utility trailers.
Contact with oils, cleaning chemicals resulting in minor skin burns, irritations (Minimal risk)
Falls from elevations during use of 6 and 18 Ft portable ladders resulting in serious injury (Moderate risk)
Cuts/lacerations during event set up (Moderate risk)
Majority of staff exposure involves outdoor work requiring clothing suitable to that time of year.