Atlas Molded Products – a Division of Atlas Roofing Corporation – specializes in the development and manufacture of innovative, high-quality, HFC and HCGC free Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) insulation for construction, packaging and original equipment management (OEM) products. Atlas EPS insulation is suitable for interior and exterior construction applications, various packaging uses and as part of manufactured systems, such as recreational vehicles, garage and pedestrian doors and sun room panels.
Atlas Molded Products, a privately owned company established in 1982, is an international and multi-divisional manufacturer of roofing, sheathing, facer and insulation product solutions. We are seeking a:
Responsible for operating equipment in accordance with procedures to ensure optimum product quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (Other duties as assigned)
- General understanding of the manufacturing processes, quality standards, equipment operations, safety requirements and departmental procedures.
- May operate equipment such as, but not limited to, the Pre-Expander, Mold, Lamination Line, Block – Auto Line, etc.
- Verify equipment set-up prior to start of a production run, operates and shuts down manufacturing equipment.
- Verifies order information and produces part(s) with the correct material, density, weight, size, and/or shape within quality tolerance to meet specific job requirements while meeting productivity standards.
- Monitors equipment and reports malfunctions to supervisor; assist with routine cleaning.
- Troubleshoot and make adjustments to equipment settings
- Responsible for training new employees
- Maintains proper work logs and completes required reports as necessary.
- Bundles, wraps, stacks, packs, assembles and/or labels materials per specific production instructions.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be trained and familiar with general safety.
- Must be trained and familiar with Quality System Awareness.
- Must be verified by supervisor to be able to sign off on procedures needed to fulfill job requirements within 2 months of hire.
- Regular, reliable, and predictable attendance is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing / industrial environment preferred.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Fluent in the English language, both written and spoken, preferred.
- Must be able to use simple math and use basic hand-held measuring tools.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Light to moderate physical effort required including sitting, standing, walking, kneeling, squatting, climbing steps or ladders, grasping, fine and course manipulation, reaching both forward and above head level, and tolerant of temperature changes for the entire shift.
- Must be able to push, pull and/or lift up to 50 pounds; and safely operate assigned machinery.