WHO WE ARE — A fast-growing, environmentally-conscious technology company made up of innovators and limit pushers.
WHAT WE DO — Recover, revive, and reuse technology primarily for the nation's K-12 schools. Our expertise in repair and refurbishing allows us to breathe life into used technology, distribute it into the secondary market and keep it out of landfills and in the hands of students.
HOW WE DO IT — By allowing our work to be guided by our three core values that inspire us every day - Embrace & Drive Change, Be About the Team, and See What You're Capable Of.
Due to our continued growth during this busy time for remote learning and working throughout the nation, we're currently seeking a number of Flex Device Specialists. FDS' participate in warehouse operations and complete tasks assigned by management including but not limited to receiving devices; sorting raw materials, picking, packing, and scanning orders; grading and/or diagnosing devices; entering devices into ERP system; cleaning devices; inventory management; light repair or and/or parts teardown.
Responsibilities may vary by day and will include one or more of the following:
- Receive and process warehouse stock products
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Perform teardowns on devices when necessary
- Complete repairs on Chromebook and Apple products
- Bag and tag products for easy inventory tracking
- Operate and maintain warehouse equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules, and regulations, particularly our 5S and Lean initiatives
- Examine incoming and outgoing shipments
- Contribute ideas on ways to improve or optimize warehousing procedures
- Warehouse and inventory organization
The Flex Device Specialists will:
- First and foremost, embrace and live our core values. Beyond skills, education or experience, we only welcome talent to our team who align with our driven, team-focused and collaborative culture. A positive attitude and willingness to learn new things is job #1.
- Be accountable and responsible - we expect 100% attendance during this temp assignment
- Be a team player that goes out of their way to help others.
- Have the ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Have good communication skills – both verbal and written with strong attention to detail
- Have a basic understanding of modern warehousing practices and methods
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 50lbs for a short distance
- Thrive in our rapid-pace environment focused on continuous improvement
- Have a safety mindset
Tech Defenders is proud to reward its valued team members with:
- $12.60 per hour to start
- Paid training and no experience needed
- Growth and advancement opportunities - Permanent jobs may be available for strongest performers after 90 days
- Great company culture! Also Yep, we occasionally write songs about what fun we're having and have been known to throw down some crisp lyrics.
- Casual dress code with free TD swag and branded gear
- No nights or weekends - we are a Mon-Fri 8:00am-5:00pm shop!