The Shift Superintendent directs and coordinates the activities of managers, supervisors, engineers, team members and support staff to obtain optimum safety, quality, efficiency and economy of operations while maximizing profits.
RESPONSIBILITIES & RESULTS
- Assist in defining and prioritizing operational goals and objectives to meet corporate goals and customer deadlines. Assist in directing the team in solving specific challenges and overcoming project roadblocks when necessary, so that agreed upon goals and objectives are met. Guide direct personnel toward the achievement of established goals.
- Complete and present annual performance appraisals for all direct report employees, outlining positive and negative performance, and document a plan of action for sub-par performers. Assess the skill level of employees and provide training as needed to advance skills. Provide feedback for employee’s annual appraisal that perform in other areas but are not direct reports.
- Work with human resources department to recruit/hire employees needed to execute the functions of your responsible business area and help to influence the development of and implement strategies and programs that attract, develop, reward, and retain exceptional people.
- Mentor operational and logistic team members, managers, team leaders, and other contributing members, assisting in creating professional and technical growth goals for each team member. Identify future leaders within the company and support their leadership development.
- Interface with customers on key issues to resolve and communicate action plans as needed.
- Communicate verbally and in writing using appropriate language and tone.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Three or more years’ experience leading one shift/department of a multi-shift production facility (required)
- Union relations / experience in a union (UAW) environment (preferred)
- Experience with Plex Systems ERP (preferred)
- Previous experience in automotive industry (preferred)