Hutt Trucking Co., Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a Fleet Equipment Maintenance Coordinator who has a desire to work in a fast-paced transportation and warehousing organization.
1. Manages operating equipment (i.e. Fleet Tractors, Reefer Trailers, Forklifts, etc.) performance.
2. Collaborates with assigned 3rd party Supplier/Vendor performance and 24/7 Fleet Maintenance Services.
3. Responsible for responding to driver maintenance concerns and works to resolve matters timely and professionally to ensure minimal disruption for fleet drivers.
4. Responsible for the on-time, in budget completion of Op-Ex/Cap-Ex projects or initiatives, as assigned.
5, Responsible for after hours and weekend calls as a backup resource to 3rd Party Suppliers.
6. Manages and develops equipment Alerts/Service Alarms, response processes and assigned parties.
7. Maintains assigned DOT/FMCSA KPI’s and metrics below target thresholds.
8. Supports Fleet Services /Safety Compliance departments with new hire orientation, conducts candidate road testing, along with new driver training (i.e. re: equipment technology).
9. Establishes assigned project goals, priorities and measureable outcomes. Develops project schedules with sufficient detail to identify and mitigate elements of risk..
10. Identifies, creates, improves and documents key procedures critical to ongoing processes and quality control during the assignment.
11. Responsible to plan, schedule, coordinate, direct, track and build relationships with internal and external project team members to ensure safety, quality, economic and related expectations are achieved.
12.. Performs other duties or participates in other initiatives assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Administration, or similar, work equivalent, preferred.
- Current, or the ability to obtain a State of Michigan CDL Driver License is required.
- A minimum of 3 years Transportation Industry experience including equipment maintenance utilizing 3rd party service providers preferred.
- Demonstrated mechanical (equipment) or electronics (controls) aptitude and familiarity.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal and ability to collaborate professionally and effectively with both internal/external customers.
- Ability to communicate using multiple technologies (i.e. phone, texting, e-mail).
- Is highly organized, with an attention to detail and be able to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines.
- Strong decision-making skills, problem solving, relationship-building and networking skills.
- Working knowledge of DOT/FMCSA regulations, and related administrative policies/ procedures is desired.
- Experience with TruckMate and PeopleNet software is preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
1. Ability to be mobile and physically responsive as needed.
2. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
3. Able to sit and work on a computer for extended periods of time to accomplish data management.
4. May work in an open workspace environment wherein other activities may occur.
Hutt Trucking offers a competitive compensation package that includes medical/dental/vision, paid vacation, holidays, performance bonuses, and a 401(k) program with a company match.
Hutt Trucking is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
Apply today and join the ranks of a highly rated, family, community-oriented, stable and growing company!