We have a brand new position we're looking to fill - Sales Representative for Verdant Graphics, our full-service printing company. This is a great opportunity to join our growing company! We have invested significantly in Verdant Graphics this last year resulting in a 70% increased work capacity, so we're looking for an experienced sales professional to help us re-launch Verdant in the community and grow our business. In this role, you will be responsible for cultivating relationships, developing new business, sharing our services, and providing solutions to potential or existing customers for their printing needs. Knowledge of and experience in the printing industry is highly preferred.
- Handles sales in web, digital, sheetfed and large format print solutions within a designated territory to prospective and current customers.
- Accountable for maintaining and expanding annual profitable sales to assigned customers.
- Finds prospective customers through referrals, customer and company generated leads, and cold calls.
- Assesses current customer needs and provides sources to expand current product/service offering.
- Ensures quality service and high customer satisfaction through availability and consistency. Remains present and available during customer press checks and tours.
- Remains current on all company capabilities and printing press schedules.
- Gathers and provides market intelligence to ensure the company provides competitive pricing, excellent customer service, quality products, and on-time shipping to obtain repeat business.
- Arranges meetings with potential and existing customers to present company services. Presents business case and persuades customers to purchase company services by highlighting service benefits and key features.
- Uses company sample products and shows prospective customers samples of our work which are of equal or better quality than the customer is currently having printed elsewhere.
- Assists the customer in planning jobs by offering creative ideas on design, layout, and binding.
- Accurately reports use of time, expenses, and reasons why quotations did not become live jobs.
- Builds and maintains solid working relationships with both new and existing customers.
- Promptly submits purchase orders for processing.
- Assesses customer’s plans regarding future print projects, budgets, internal office automation or in-house marketing plans, and business reviews.
- Follows up with customers to ensure the finished product meets their expectations.
- Fills out paperwork and obtains customer signatures and information necessary to complete each sale.
- Obtains customer specifications in complete detail and provides this information to the Production Manager for quote development.
- Addresses customer concerns and resolves complaints.
- Participates in all team conference calls, training, and sales meetings.
- Remains current within the industry obtains new business through networking and product innovation.
- Educates themselves in all phases of customer’s business.
- Meets with major customers on projects and work status. Maintains an awareness of job status throughout the entire production process by communicating with customer service team and production scheduler.
- Travels to local customers for meetings, presentations, and store visits.
- Prepares materials for all sales presentations. Utilizes advanced sales tools to develop fact-based presentations that will result in KPI achievement and sustainable share and sales growth.
- Measures and evaluates specific territory business (KPIs, trends, gaps/opportunities, what is working/not working). Provides solutions where gaps exist and executes those solutions accordingly. Owns and leads this territory story with management team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
Who We Are:
At Convivial Brands, everything we do revolves around Making Life Better - which includes creating opportunities, products, and a culture that strives to do just that. The physical products we make help people celebrate and enhance life, sometimes in small, quaint ways, and other times in big statements. From celebrating a wedding to giving a small gift of appreciation, each brand produces an end product that intends to make life friendly, lively, and jovial - ergo making life Convivial. This is achieved through operating within our Core Values of being trustworthy, pursuing excellence, and exemplifying a team first mindset. Those three values are what guides our day-to-day operations and ensures we are moving in the right direction the right way. As our brands continue to expand and grow, we're looking to add new team members who can not just maintain our culture, but can add value and help us continually improve. Our goal is to transform work from an obligation to passion!
What Makes Us Special?
- Our team members - we believe each of our team members' individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, unique capabilities and talent - and the way they invest those in their work - is key to our culture, our reputation, and our success as a company. They live out our mission to Make Life Better everyday.
- We are a culture-focused company, built around our 3 Core Values - trustworthy, pursuit of excellence, and team first. Those 3 values are what guide our day-to-day, and ensure that we're moving in the right direction the right way.
- We strive to provide the flexibility our team members need to balance the demands of work and their personal lives.
- We're a family-owned company based in Grand Rapids, MI.
- We're an EOS company - this is our company's "operating system" and is a set of tools and concepts that ensures we have a clear, shared vision for the company, that we're gaining traction through accountability, and that we're building healthy teams.
- We offer great benefits! 8 company-recognized holidays, a generous PTO bank, and a variety of benefits, including health, dental, vision, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, voluntary life insurance, permanent life insurance with chronic conditions rider, critical illness and accident coverage, legal insurance, identity protection, and pet insurance. Plus, employee discounts on our products and services!
- We offer a generous 401(k) (traditional pre-tax or ROTH) with a match. The only requirement to participate is that you be 21 years of age. The match is effective the first of the quarter after 90 days of employment. Convivial matches 100% of the first 3% of your compensation, and then 50% on the next 2% of your compensation. All amounts are fully vested immediately.