We have a brand new position we're looking to fill - Sales Director, Wholesale Division for both Design Design and Tableau! This is a great opportunity to join our growing company! In this role, you will be responsible for creating and executing the sales plan, focusing on growing annual recurring revenue and partnering with the Marketing Team on executing the strategy for B2B eCommerce. You'll manage the entire sales process, from KPI management, Sales Team management, and execution of order processing to order releasing and maintaining strategic partnerships in order fulfillment. As a working leader, you will grow operational relationship with our various wholesale partners, researching, developing, leading, and executing both Design Design's and Tableau's big picture initiatives through driving and growing sales, market share, and overall brand value.
- Implements, drives, and communicates the strategic direction of Design Design and TABLEAU via all sales channels.
- Drives Top Line Revenue growth, while maintaining Bottom Line goals, discerning where we are overspending, underspending, and denoting the ROI of each account YoY.
- Drives a culture of winning and continuous improvement for our Sales and Sales Operations teams through establishing and managing clear expectations and maintaining accountability.
- Champions change management initiatives targeted toward the brand’s mission, vision, and Core Values, while engaging, developing, mentoring, and leading individual contributors to higher levels of performance.
- Interfaces with key stakeholders to identify, develop, and lead short- and long-term strategies that drive brand success.
- Directly manages and coaches the sales and sales operations teams for both Tableau and Design Design to obtain new business growth and existing account YoY growth.
- Identifies and documents processes to solidify the “Sales Proven Process” for the Wholesale Division for Convivial Brands.
- Effectively collaborates with Marketing, Product Development, Creative, and Distribution teams all with sole purpose of serving the customer as best as possible.
- Forecasts and monitors ARR growth and large opportunities. Proactively manages changing business needs and caters to large orders in short lead times.
- Supports the day-to-day wholesale operations including planning, allocations, fulfillment, approvals, chargebacks, customer service, and reporting.
- Works cross-functionally with Sales and Warehouse Operations departments on discrepancies, backorders, shipping requirements, priorities, and/or anomalies.
- Provides leadership on cross-functional projects that continually improve the business and customer experience.
- Develops and manages Sales and Sales Operational KPIs in order to ensure continuous improvement and to track and report performance.
- Reports monthly to the Senior Leadership Team on Design Design and Tableau’s performance versus established goals.
- Ensures compliance with key account SLAs (including EDI compliance) to minimize chargebacks.
- Analyzes, develops, and presents compensation structures—including bonus structures, sales contests, and overall incentives for sales team to drive necessary behaviors for effective growth – while ensuring bottom line is maintained.
- Ensures data integrity on the management of the Customer Card in key systems (ERP, EDI, B2B eCommerce, Card Manager, and Digital Catalogs) including regular audits.
- Manages contract compliance, including document management and EDI, SBT, and CRM compliance.
- Provides forecasting for new business and renewals and assists VP of Marketing/Sales in identifying new business opportunities for growth.
- Forecasts the annual and monthly top-line budget for Tableau and Design Design—looking at the Buying Power Index, New Account Opportunities, Closeout Revenue, Order Backlog for Releases, and expected booking forecasts while managing results to the P&L. Reports on monthly revenue projections and capacity planning by product line.
- Drives improvements that support brand profitability and cashflow goals.
- Participates and provides business and financial analysis on trends, opportunities, and overall brand direction to continually move the organization forward.
- Analyzes business structures, procedures, processes, and the utilization of resources to ensure the team and skillsets are aligned to support growth.
- Identifies, recommends, and implements new processes, technologies, and systems to improve and streamline organizational processes and use of resources and materials.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans are in line with the organization’s strategic vision and goals.
- Identifies training needs and ensures proper training is developed and provided.
- Leads customer-centric thinking and craft programs to meet those target markets.
- Represents Design Design and Tableau at professional functions on an as needed basis and actively participates in company meetings, training programs, and Kaizen activities.
Who We Are:
At Convivial Brands, everything we do revolves around Making Life Better - which includes creating opportunities, products, and a culture that strives to do just that. The physical products we make help people celebrate and enhance life, sometimes in small, quaint ways, and other times in big statements. From celebrating a wedding to giving a small gift of appreciation, each brand produces an end product that intends to make life friendly, lively, and jovial - ergo making life Convivial. This is achieved through operating within our Core Values of being trustworthy, pursuing excellence, and exemplifying a team first mindset. Those three values are what guides our day-to-day operations and ensures we are moving in the right direction the right way. As our brands continue to expand and grow, we're looking to add new team members who can not just maintain our culture, but can add value and help us continually improve. Our goal is to transform work from an obligation to passion!
What Makes Us Special?
- Our team members - we believe each of our team members' individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, unique capabilities and talent - and the way they invest those in their work - is key to our culture, our reputation, and our success as a company. They live out our mission to Make Life Better everyday.
- We are a culture-focused company, built around our 3 Core Values - trustworthy, pursuit of excellence, and team first. Those 3 values are what guide our day-to-day, and ensure that we're moving in the right direction the right way.
- We strive to provide the flexibility our team members need to balance the demands of work and their personal lives.
- We're a family-owned company based in Grand Rapids, MI.
- We're an EOS company - this is our company's "operating system" and is a set of tools and concepts that ensures we have a clear, shared vision for the company, that we're gaining traction through accountability, and that we're building healthy teams.
- We offer great benefits! 8 company-recognized holidays, a generous PTO bank, and a variety of benefits, including health, dental, vision, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, voluntary life insurance, permanent life insurance with chronic conditions rider, critical illness and accident coverage, legal insurance, identity protection, and pet insurance. Plus, employee discounts on our products and services!
- We offer a generous 401(k) (traditional pre-tax or ROTH) with a match. The only requirement to participate is that you be 21 years of age. The match is effective the first of the quarter after 90 days of employment. Convivial matches 100% of the first 3% of your compensation, and then 50% on the next 2% of your compensation. All amounts are fully vested immediately.