We're looking to add an experienced Product Director to oversee the planning, sourcing, and product development facets of the product lifecycle for our Design Design and Tableau Brands. In this role, you'll ensure quality control, continuous improvement, and innovation within each brand, as well as manage the bottom line P&L, creating unification, accountability, and strong collaboration while growing the businesses through strategic positioning of exceptional product lines.
- Leads and executes the creation, sourcing, and development of innovative products that fill the market’s need.
- Enhances current line(s) to ensure the correct brand messaging is communicated through the price and product positioning.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of the wholesale division’s product development process and creates processes that align to each brand’s similarities, while adjusting for the small nuances per brand.
- Maintains a top line driving mentality with a bottom-line focus – partnering with Sales and Marketing to create profitable sales.
- Discovers and Creates margin thresholds and best practices processes to ensure overall margin is maintain and clear for the organization.
- Presents monthly to the Senior Leadership Team on the Product Development process and P&L responsibilities.
- Discovers and maintains a quantitative process for SKU rationalization and creates best practices for line development that’s aligned with the organization’s vision and goals – ensuring cashflow and margin are maintained.
- Develops and maintains key partnerships nationally and internationally to source the highest quality products at an appropriate price.
- Pioneers leading innovation with the VP of Creatives to bring about new or renewed product to the marketplace.
- Maintains budget responsibilities and works closely with the VP of Marketing/Sales and VP of Finance on best practices with Forecasting, Replenishment, and overall prudent use of capital for ROI.
- Directs Product Team, partnering closely with Business Intelligence, empowering them to drive key portions of each line and hold them accountable to execute in a timely and effective manner.
- Structures and creates the budget for each team and team member to ensure effectiveness, clarity, and efficiency.
- Leads the charge in the creation of and managing of our item card set-up in our ERP, Card Manager, and B2B eCommerce.
- Strategically develops a plan with Marketing that allows for Sales to offer Customer incentives and discounts that are baked into the price of the product offering.
- Product and price management, sourcing, production quality control, and continuous improvement - more details on this will be provided in the full job description.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Who We Are:
At Convivial Brands, everything we do revolves around Making Life Better - which includes creating opportunities, products, and a culture that strives to do just that. The physical products we make help people celebrate and enhance life, sometimes in small, quaint ways, and other times in big statements. From celebrating a wedding to giving a small gift of appreciation, each brand produces an end product that intends to make life friendly, lively, and jovial - ergo making life Convivial. This is achieved through operating within our Core Values of being trustworthy, pursuing excellence, and exemplifying a team first mindset. Those three values are what guides our day-to-day operations and ensures we are moving in the right direction the right way. As our brands continue to expand and grow, we're looking to add new team members who can not just maintain our culture, but can add value and help us continually improve. Our goal is to transform work from an obligation to passion!
What Makes Us Special?
- Our team members - we believe each of our team members' individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, unique capabilities and talent - and the way they invest those in their work - is key to our culture, our reputation, and our success as a company. They live out our mission to Make Life Better everyday.
- We are a culture-focused company, built around our 3 Core Values - trustworthy, pursuit of excellence, and team first. Those 3 values are what guide our day-to-day, and ensure that we're moving in the right direction the right way.
- We strive to provide the flexibility our team members need to balance the demands of work and their personal lives.
- We're a family-owned company based in Grand Rapids, MI.
- We're an EOS company - this is our company's "operating system" and is a set of tools and concepts that ensures we have a clear, shared vision for the company, that we're gaining traction through accountability, and that we're building healthy teams.
- We offer great benefits! 8 company-recognized holidays, a generous PTO bank, and a variety of benefits, including health, dental, vision, company-paid short-term and long-term disability and life insurance, voluntary life insurance, permanent life insurance with chronic conditions rider, critical illness and accident coverage, legal insurance, identity protection, and pet insurance. Plus, employee discounts on our products and services!
- We offer a generous 401(k) (traditional pre-tax or ROTH) with a match. The only requirement to participate is that you be 21 years of age. The match is effective the first of the quarter after 90 days of employment. Convivial matches 100% of the first 3% of your compensation, and then 50% on the next 2% of your compensation. All amounts are fully vested immediately.